Interesting book on the heart - The Heart's Code

  • lboulougouris@ntn.ca
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 23, 2000
      I usually don't take an interest in possible New Age related topics,
      however, a colleague at work mentioned the book reviewed below and I thought
      it was interesting. It documents cases where individuals received heart
      transplants and began to acquire characteristics and "memories" of the
      donors. In view of Orthodox topics such as organ donation and the
      traditional focus that the heart has in Orthodox mysticism I thought you
      might be interested.

      Did the ancients consider the heart the "seat of consciousness" or was this
      only to be understood from a spiritual point of view ? How literal are the
      patristic sources on this issue?

      http://www.cis.plym.ac.uk/SciMedNet/library/reviewsN69+/N69Heartcode.htm

      In Christ,
      Emmanuel Boulougouris, Toronto