GLORIFICATION OF METROPOLITAN PHILARET

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 19, 2000
      During the last meeting of the Sacred Synod of our Church (July 15/28,
      2000), the following resolution was unanimously adopted:

      "In view of the courageous and outstanding confession of the Orthodox
      Faith made time and again in both sermons and writings by Metropolitan
      Philaret of New York of blessed memory, and in view of God's divine
      confirmation of the anctity of his life and confession of faith through
      the manifestation of his incorrupt relics, the Sacred Synod resolves
      that this twentieth century beacon of Orthodoxy be recognized as being
      among the saints. Moreover, the Holy Synod commissions the Very Reverend
      Protopresbyter Victor Melehov of the Church of the Holy Resurrection,
      Worcester, Massachusetts, to prepare for the glorification of the
      blessed Metropolitan Philaret in May 20 of 2001."

      We should all start making plans from now to be at the "Glorification".

      To learn more about Metropolitan Philaret click on the following:

      http://www.orthodoxinfo.com/ecumenism/philaret.htm

      http://www.orthodox.net/redeeming/redeeming.02.22.html#_Toc436352423
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 26, 2001
        For more information, click on   TORONTO HOCNA
        Dear Holy Hierarchs, Fathers, Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

        The Church of the Holy Resurrection is pleased to announce that it will be hosting the Glorification of His Eminence Metropolitan Philaret  (Voznesensky)  of New York (1903-1985).  Many of us remember Metropolitan Philaret and the example of faith and love which he  provided.  The Church of the Holy Resurrection is indeed blessed and honored by this opportunity to witness and confirm that which God Himself has already established.

        In addition to his holy and pious life, Metropolitan Philaret's tenure as First Hierarch is most distinguished by his steadfast confession of the Orthodox Faith against the contemporary heresy of Ecumenism, and by his  love for the saints of the Church.  More saints and martyrs were glorified  during the life of Metropolitan Philaret than any ruling hierarch in the history of  the Church.  Now, he who so glorified God's beloved holy ones is to be  glorified himself.  This is truly a momentous event in the history of the Holy Orthodox Church.

        As a Member of the Holy Synod, and Rector of the Church of the Holy Resurrection, I personally wish to invite each of you to attend and participate in this sacred event.  Your presence and prayers are important, especially in times when witness to, and confession of, the faith is        becoming rare.  Each candle lit will dispel the darkness of indifference all the more. Many candles lit together will provide a beacon for others to approach the Light of Truth and ignite the candles within their souls.

        I fervently request that each of you make a concerted effort to be present on Sunday, May 20, 2001 (May 7th, 2001, according to the Church Calendar).  We must keep in mind that this event will not only serve for our own edification, but through the Glorification of this Great Confessor of the Faith, our gathering will serve as a witness and confession of the Orthodox  Faith for our time and for generations to come.

        He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a  prophet's reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward.  (Matthew 10:41)

        With love in Christ,
        +Protopresbyter Victor Melehov