Strong statement from school Principal

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 16, 2000
      Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 13:40:26 -0400
      From: Bishop Moses <bpmoses@...>

      Strong statement from school Principal.

      This is a statement that was read over the PA system at the football
      game at Roane County High School, Kingston, Tennessee by school
      Principal Jody McLoud, on September 1, 2000. It clearly shows just how
      far this country has gone in the wrong direction.

      It has always been the custom at Roane County High School football
      games to say a prayer and play the National Anthem to honor God and
      Country. Due to a recent ruling by the Supreme Court, I am told that
      saying a prayer is a violation of Federal Case Law.
      As I understand the law at this time, I can use this public facility to
      approve of sexual perversion and call it an alternate lifestyle and if
      someone is offended, that's OK. I can use it to condone sexual
      promiscuity by dispensing condoms and calling it safe sex. If
      someone is offended, that's OK. I can even use this public facility to
      present the merits of killing an unborn baby as a viable means of birth
      control. If someone is offended, no problem. I can designate a school
      day as earth day and involve students in activities to
      religiously worship and praise the goddess, mother earth and call it
      ecology. I can use literature, videos and presentations in the classroom
      that depict people with strong, traditional, Christian convictions as
      simple minded and ignorant and call it enlightenment.
      However, if anyone uses this facility to honor God and ask Him to bless
      this event with safety and good sportsmanship, Federal Case Law is
      violated. This appears to be at best, inconsistent and at worst,
      diabolical. Apparently, we are to be tolerant of everything and anyone
      except God and His Commandments. Nevertheless, as a school principal, I
      frequently ask staff and students to abide by rules which they do not
      necessarily agree. For me to do otherwise would be at best,
      inconsistent and at worst, hypocritical. I suffer from that affliction
      enough unintentionally. I certainly do not need to add an intentional
      transgression. For this reason, I shall, "Render unto Caesar that which
      is Caesar's," and refrain from praying at this time. However, if you
      feel inspired to honor, praise and thank God and ask Him in the name of
      Jesus to bless this event, please feel free to do so. As far as I know,
      that's not against the law - yet. (Addendum) "We ought to obey God
      rather than men." Acts 5:29.