Fw: Governor Jindal: Accept federal Medicaid funds

  • Romi Elnagar
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2013

      Below is an email from Christian Norton from the organization Working America, who created a petition on SignOn.org, the nonprofit site that allows anyone to start their own online petition. If you have concerns or feedback about this petition, click here.
      Dear Louisiana MoveOn member,
      Last year, Governor Bobby Jindal announced that he would not accept new federal dollars to expand the state's Medicaid program.
      If he rejects these funds, nearly 400,000 Louisianans will be uninsured.
      We need to tell Governor Jindal to reverse course and accept federal Medicaid dollars, protecting the nearly 400,000 Louisianans who would benefit.
      That's why I created a petition on SignOn.org to Governor Bobby Jindal, which says:
      Nearly 1 in 5 Louisiana residents doesn't have health insurance, including many children.
      By rejecting Medicaid expansion funds from the federal government, you are hurting nearly 400,000 Louisianans who would benefit from it.
      Please reverse course and accept the federal Medicaid dollars and help Louisianans in need.
      Thanks!
      –Christian Norton
      This petition was created on SignOn.org, the progressive, nonprofit petition site. SignOn.org is sponsored by MoveOn Civic Action, which is not responsible for the contents of this or other petitions posted on the site. Working America didn't pay us to send this email—we never rent or sell the MoveOn.org list.
      Want to support our work? MoveOn Civic Action is entirely funded by our 7 million members—no corporate contributions, no big checks from CEOs. And our tiny staff ensures that small contributions go a long way. Chip in here.
      This email was sent to Romi Wythe Elnagar on January 30, 2013.