Tell Gallup to include Jill Stein in their polling!

  • Rick Kisséll
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 23, 2012

      Rick --

      Perhaps you’ve noticed that not only is much of the corporate media failing the public by ignoring independent party candidates, but the major polling organizations are too.

      Unfortunately, the Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD) - created and controlled by the Republicans and Democrats - requires 15% support among five public opinion polls in order for a candidate to be included in the debates. But, they don’t name which polls or even when they’ll gather such evidence.

      One thing we do know is that the Gallup Organization is the only official advisor on polling to the CPD.

      So, let’s make some noise and tell Gallup to take 3 important actions:
      • Include Jill Stein in ALL Gallup polling. (The last mention of her was waaay back on July 6th.)
      • Encourage other polling organizations to include Jill Stein. (They are an industry leader and should be promoting responsible polling and reporting.)
      • Advise the CPD to only consider polls that have included all legitimate candidates. (The Stein campaign made history and secured Federal matching funds! Doesn’t that demonstrate significant public support?)
      Here’s how you can contact them - and we strongly encourage you contact them repeatedly.
      • Write a good, old-fashioned letter or postcard and mail to: The Gallup Organization, 502 Carnegie Center, Suite 300, Princeton , NJ 08450
      • Contact: Alyssa Brown at 1.202.715.3104, alyssa_brown@...
      • Contact: Zach Bikus at 1.202.715.3100, zach_bikus@...
      • Post on their Facebook wall: http://www.jillstein.org/r?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fgallup&utm_campaign=polling_action&n=1&e=b2caf30f33e23827eae5a80f3b7a72593d2b20ff&utm_source=jillstein&utm_medium=email
      • Tweet them: Hey @gallupnews! Don’t be so biased! Include @JillStein2012 in your #Election2012 polling!
      Thanks for helping us fight the media blackout! We will not be silent.

      Janelle Sorensen
      http://www.jillstein.org/?e=b2caf30f33e23827eae5a80f3b7a72593d2b20ff&utm_source=jillstein&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=polling_action&n=2&recruiter_id=46610
      Please take an immediate step by making a donation: http://www.jillstein.org/donate
      Authorized and paid for by Jill Stein for President
      PO Box 260217, Madison, WI 53726-0217
      http://www.JillStein.org%20, the essential toolkit leaders.