Fw: Help Us Stop the Tar Sands Pipeline

  • Romi Elnagar
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2011

      Just Foreign Policy
      Dear Hajja Romi,
      The decision on approving the permit for the proposed Keystone XL tar sands oil pipeline from Canada to the Gulf of Mexico will be a political decision by President Obama - it doesn't depend on Congress. By denying the permit for the pipeline, President Obama can take a concrete action against increased climate chaos without securing one Republican vote or spending one tax dollar.
      That is why I will be participating in civil disobedience at the White House on Saturday: to help draw media and public attention to the fact that this decision is in Obama's hands. This is a just foreign policy issue, because climate chaos is inherently discriminatory against the poor and the weak. A hurricane that strikes Haiti and Florida with the same force is virtually guaranteed to hurt Haitians more, because more Haitians have inadequate shelter to start with, and Haiti's infrastructure for emergency response is much weaker.
      Can you help me draw attention to this fight for a more just foreign policy?
      1. Read my blog on Huffington Post, "Why I'm Protesting the Tar Sands Pipeline at the White House on Saturday," http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-naiman/obama-keystone-xl_b_943269.html. Share the blog with your friends on Facebook and Twitter, or by email.
      2. Go to the Tar Sands Action website and sign the petition to President Obama: http://www.tarsandsaction.org/obama-petition/.
      3. If you can, join me at the White House on Saturday.
      Thanks for all you do to help bring about a more just foreign policy,
      Robert Naiman
      Just Foreign Policy
      Please support our work.
      Your donation allows us to promote opportunities for Americans to advocate for a just foreign policy.
      http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/donate
      Please support our work. Donate for a Just Foreign Policy

      © 2010 Just Foreign Policy

      empowered by Salsa