Re: [OrleansGreens] My Resignation

  • Tim Ruppert
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 17, 2010
      Les,

      Thank you for all you've done and tried to do.  The GPL seemed to be on the climb until Hurricane Katrina, but without viable candidates and a party to support those candidates there is little that can be accomplished.  We will keep doing what we can and try to build positive momentum again.

      Keep me in your list of contacts.  If you do run for office again you'll have my support and vote.

      Peace,

      Tim

      * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 17, 2010
        One of my problems with the GPL was that almost noone wanted to run for any office. And Malik's campaign greatly downplayed the Green Party, not even mentioning it in many ads.

        I offered to help prospective candidates with the technical aspects but with no takers.

        Then when one new green, Joe Alfone, wanted to run, no one would support him because of perceived problems in an earlier election.

        Between the extreme dysfunctionality of the GPUS and the inability of state greens to get anything done, I just think its better now to look to another way to fight the corporate US Govt.

        Thanks for your support.

        Les
        Les Evenchick
        New Orleans