This Saturday -- 9 a.m. -- 2200 Lafitte Street

  • Charlie
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2009
      The first Lafitte Corridor cleanup has been rescheduled for Sat. Dec 5th from 9 to 1. Major Jerrod Spinney of the Criminal Sheriff's office has agreed to trim the area behind the Sojourner Truth Community Center, extending to the police filling station, in advance. They will also take care of the brush removal. We will be meeting at Sojourner Truth Community Center, 2200 Lafitte St, @ 9AM. All needed materials will be provided.

      The Sierra Club and Friends of the Lafitte Corridor are looking for volunteers to assist in activities such as cleaning off sidewalks, trash removal, etc. For more info e-mail Ethan Ellestad at ellestad_ethan@ yahoo.com or call 608-417-9052. I hope to see you (and the sun) then.

      Thank you,
      Ethan Ellestad
      Graduate Assistant,
      Friends of Lafitte Corridor