Reminder: Walk with Malik Rahim on Friday's Katrina commemoration events

  • jamais vu'
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28, 2008
      Three years since Katrina and the government continues to fail us.  Malik Rahim has spoken out with courage, asked the difficult questions, and built viable community alternatives.  He is a strong organizer that acted while the politicians waited. Now he wants to take his courage to Congress.  Malik is on the November 4 ballot for US Congress, 2nd District.

      We must continue to demand solutions for ourselves and our neighbors in
      New Orleans and the Gulf Coast.  Please march with Malik on the 3rd Anniversary of Katrina.  Everyone that does will get a Malik Rahim  campaign T-shirt.
      Meet Friday August 28 at 8:30 AM at the corner of Jourdan and Galvez in the Lower 9th Ward and march with us to remember our loss, re-invigorate our energy, and to demand full reinvestment in our communities.

      If you need to get in touch with us the day of, you may contact:
      Dan (to get a T-shirt day of)
      504-313-1531
      Christian (Media only)
      504-905-5676
      Robert (campaign coordination)
      504-301-8210

      August 29,
      9am:3rd Annual Katrina March and Commemoration– begins at Jourdan Avenue and N. Galvez floodwall. March culminates with rally at Hunter's Field, St. Bernard and N. Claiborne Avenues. Info: http://www. katrinacommemoration.ning.com

      August 29, 1pm: Day of Sankofa – begins at Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd and S. Galvez. Secondline march departs at 2pm, with stops en route emphasizing overuse of criminal justice institutions at the expense of critical community infrastructure. Includes stops at B.W. Cooper Public Housing, Day Laborer corner [Claiborne & MLK], Union Passenger Terminal [served as a prison post-Katrina], Charity Hospital & Craig Elementary School. Culminates in rally at the Treme Community Center. Info: Ursula at (504) 522-3949 x 223

      See what people are saying about Windows Live. Check out featured posts. Check It Out!