GPL presidential preference election & convention organizing mtg - Sat 4/19

  • Julie Whitbeck
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2008
      GPL presidential preference election & convention organizi
      Hello Louisiana Greens --

      We'll be holding our combined Presidential Preference Election and our Annual Green Party of Louisiana (GPL) Convention at the beginning of June this year, approximately one month before the Green Party of the US's nominating convention.  Now is the time to get involved with organizing and preparing for this event.
      If you would like to help organize -- any role from vision to implementation -- please come to our GPL Presidential Preference Election and Convention Organizing Meeting from 3-5 pm on Saturday April 19th.  The meeting will be held at the Fair Grinds Coffeehouse near the intersection of Esplanade Avenue and Ponce de Leon in New Orleans (http://www.fairgrinds.com) (right near the Fair Grounds where JazzFest is held).  We'll hold our meeting in their upstairs* meeting space.  If you can't make this meeting, but you want to help organize, let us know!

      Also, if you are interested in running for public office as a Green at the local, state or federal level, please contact any member of the GPL Coordinating Committee, via the e-mail addresses below.

      Finally, if you would like to lead the Green Party of Louisiana into vitality and action, it's time to elect a new Coordinating Committee (two Co-Chairs, a Treasurer, a Secretary and two Delegates to the GPUS National Committee).  Again, please contact any member of the current GPLCC for more information.

      looking forward to working with you,
      the GPLCC
      Ed Hammerli -- Co-Chair         Ed@...
      Julie Whitbeck -- Co-Chair               Julie@...
            Sean Clark -- Secretary         Sean@...
             Les Evenchick -- interim Delegate        Les@...
      * Regrettably, this space is only accessible via a staircase.  Please let us know if this would deter you from participating.

      P.S. There has been some discussion of separating the two events (election & convention).  We will make this decision during this meeting.

      --

      Julie Whitbeck

      Julie_Whitbeck@...