2008 Elections Already Broken

  • Sean Clark
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2008
      Below are just a few voting issues I see going on right now. I've given brief run-downs. The Green Party needs to show how things can and will be done differently.

      I will have some news regarding the GPL statewide meeting after the GPLCC meets this Saturday. All those interested in helping to organize the statewide meeting should send me an email.

      Sean P. Clark
      Green Party of Louisiana, Secretary
      sean@...

      REFUND OUR MONEY LOUISIANA GOP
      Louisiana Republican Primary 2008 - Since no candidate received more that 50% of the votes ALL 20 delegates will be uncommitted delegates to the RNC.

      Should Louisiana ask for a refund from the GOP? It only seems fair if they aren't going to USE the results of a taxpayer funded Primary.

      Just a breakdown: Louisiana held a primary, Huckabee (1st place) earned less than 50%, and the Republican party of Louisiana is going to use caucus results instead... Giving McCain a victory.

      A case for IRV? I think so.

      Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisiana_Republican_primary%2C_2008

      - - - - -
      IT'S 2008 AND FLORIDA & MICHIGAN DEMOCRAT'S PRIMARY VOTES... (DON'T COUNT)
      Just maybe the Democrats are still working on a way to pin this one on Nader... It'll be a stretch though. Millions of voters  cast their votes in Michigan and Florida, but they held the elections to early, so the Democratic party won't count the results. Fair? No.

      Reference: http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-campaign7mar07,0,4079495.story

      - - - - -
      299 VIRGINIA RESIDENTS LOSE THEIR VOTES
      Ballots ran out in a county, and they had the voters right their results on blank paper. When they were counting, they decided... your votes don't count.

      Reference: http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/search.apx.-content-articles-RTD-2008-02-27-0136.html