Protest demolition of St. Bernard Public Housing

  • les evenchick
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22 9:29 AM
      Call Out From

      St Bernard Public Housing Residents:

      Show Your Solidarity

      Refuse to Be Silent

      St. Bernard Public Housing Resident are calling on
      supporters to show solidarity with the struggle
      against the criminal destruction of their community by
      the racist U.S. state, both the local and national
      wings, in the form of the Nagin and Bush
      administrations. While ‘one for one’
      replacement—indeed expansion—is guaranteed for the
      Orleans parish prison, this racist state is using the
      storm to demolish St. Bernard and other public housing
      developments, and only plan to build back a handful of
      apartments. We charge ethnic and racial cleansing! Say
      no to this crime. Refuse to be silent. Show your
      support to the residents, and rejection of racism and
      classism, by coming out to these events this weekend.

      Protest Demolition

      Saturday, February 23

      10 AM

      Meet at Milton and Gibson streets (where demolition
      has stated)

      (Milton is crosses St Bernard avenue)

      ****we also plan to caravan to the State of the Black
      Union at the convention center)

      Organizing meeting

      Sunday, February 24

      2 PM

      Milton and Gibson streets

      (if it is raining, we will meet in front of Bynums
      drug store

      on St Benard Ave.)

      for more information, call Kowana Jasper at 872-0313

      St Bernard Public Housing
      Residents Against Demolition

      Les Evenchick
      New Orleans