New Orleans housing Demo Feb 16 12 noon - Forward widely please

  • les evenchick
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 10, 2008
      Silence IS Violence!!

      We Will Not Be Silent as Public Housing is
      Demolished!!

      This is a Crime Against Humanity!!

      Let Our People Come Home!!

      While the Bush and Nagin administrations constantly
      talk about getting tough on crime, they turn a blind
      eye to the biggest crime they are committing in New
      Orleans: Destroying thousands of viable, badly needed
      Public Housing apartments at the Cooper, CJ Peete, St
      Bernard and Lafitte Public Housing Developments. These
      viable apartments are being torn down while our
      homeless population explodes; while former residents
      demand a right to return; while human rights
      conventions the U.S. is beholden to clearly make it
      illegal to demolish these apartment and block the
      return of those displaced by Katrina. Silence is
      Consent to this Violence. We must not be complicit in
      these crimes. Join us to say No Demolition, Reopen
      Public Housing, Pass Senate Bill 1668!!!

      Saturday, February
      16
      12 Noon

      3800 St Bernard Avenue

      St Bernard Housing Development

      (in front of the St Bernard sign)

      Sponsor: C3/Hands off Iberville; United Front for
      Affordable Housing; Homeless Workers Council,
      Survivors Village, Displaced Residents of St Bernard.
      for more info call 504-520-9521

      Les Evenchick
      New Orleans
      piratefish@...