Targeted activists need help - new orleans anti-demolition activists
- I just talked briefly to one of the long time
anti-demolition activists and he reported the
1. Contrary to its usual policy of allowing persons to
stand along the walls when all seats were taken, the
City Council refused to allow people to stand.
Verbal protests were made and then several persons who
were not doing anything but were known anti demolition
protestors were forcibly removed. During this removal
process several were tasered inside city council
2. several of the activists from both inside and
outside the City council chambers now face felony
charges, not just misdeameanor changes as reported by
the media. these charges are related to both pre
council and council protests.
3. while legal counsel has been secured funds are
needed to help defray expenses.
4. The young lady who was tasered in the back outside
the gates was tasered 3 times and one hit her in the
spine where she had had back surgery.
Contributions can be sent to HOPE HOUSE (a 501c
organization) at 916 St. Andrews St.
New Orleans, LA 70130.
I believe Don Everhard is the director of Hope House.
If anyone would like more information please contact
me at piratefish@... or at 504-671-8654