Targeted activists need help - new orleans anti-demolition activists

  • les evenchick
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 21, 2007
      I just talked briefly to one of the long time
      anti-demolition activists and he reported the
      following.

      1. Contrary to its usual policy of allowing persons to
      stand along the walls when all seats were taken, the
      City Council refused to allow people to stand.

      Verbal protests were made and then several persons who
      were not doing anything but were known anti demolition
      protestors were forcibly removed. During this removal
      process several were tasered inside city council
      chambers.

      2. several of the activists from both inside and
      outside the City council chambers now face felony
      charges, not just misdeameanor changes as reported by
      the media. these charges are related to both pre
      council and council protests.

      3. while legal counsel has been secured funds are
      needed to help defray expenses.

      4. The young lady who was tasered in the back outside
      the gates was tasered 3 times and one hit her in the
      spine where she had had back surgery.

      Contributions can be sent to HOPE HOUSE (a 501c
      organization) at 916 St. Andrews St.
      New Orleans, LA 70130.

      I believe Don Everhard is the director of Hope House.

      If anyone would like more information please contact
      me at piratefish@... or at 504-671-8654

      Les Evenchick

      Les Evenchick
      New Orleans