NO Greens revitalization -- brainstorming mtg Sat 12/15

  • Julie Whitbeck
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 8, 2007
      NO Greens revitalization -- brainstorming mtg Sat 12/15
      Hello folks,

      On behalf of the Green Party of Louisiana (GPL), I'm writing to invite you to a brainstorming session to organize a New Orleans Green Party revitalization event (probably a series of meetings and events) for January 2008.  One of the focal goals of the GPL Coordinating Committee is to (re)build the Green Party statewide.  We'd like to begin in New Orleans.

      Our vision for this brainstorming session is to assemble a group of GP activists to plan an open meeting (i.e. a business meeting) for January, along with at least one event where Greens and prospective Greens could socialize as well as organize.  The brainstorming session is open for broad spectrum brainstorming.  For example, we can begin to generate a list of issues for the New Orleans GP to work on; we can discuss electoral organizing; we can plan informational events . . . there are no boundaries.  We would like to walk out of this brainstorming meeting with a specific date, time and location for a January business meeting plus social event.

      So, please come join us on Saturday December 15th, at 3 pm, in the upstairs community space at the Fair Grinds Coffeehouse (3133 ponce de leon; http://www.fairgrinds.com).

      I hope to see you there!

      with best wishes and greetings in this season of darkness,
      Julie

      GPL Co-Chair
      --

      Julie Whitbeck