National Committee Vote for GPUS Steering Committee Co-Chair

  • Shawn Christy
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2007
      Louisiana Greens:

      At the 2007 state convention, Malik Rahim and I were elected delegates to the GPUS National Committee. We were added yesterday to the voting and discussion listservs. The first vote entering discussion phase, below, will be for GPUS Steering Committee Co-Chair. There are two other votes that entered the discussion phase before we were added to the email lists, and I will forward the texts of those proposals separately.

      The purpose of this post is to better represent the GPL and its locals by requesting your input on the proposals, votes, and process. My plan is to forward digests of discussion (National Committee Affairs) and individual emails pertaining to votes (National Committee Voting). If this is overload, let me know and I'll adjust accordingly.

      I take responsibility for the post-convention lapse of representation for the GPL, due to my misunderstanding of what is required to credential delegates. I would have done it sooner had I known I could take care of it myself, and I apologize for this lapse.

      The convention brought a good amount of momentum to the GPL, and we have made much of it in some ways and will make better of it in others. As Greens, we have marched against war and for the Jena 6, we have mobilized electorally (I think we have a new statewide-best showing for a local election?), and we have shaken off some of our post-Katrina intertia. The GPL Coordinating Committee is currently planning our first post-Katrina meeting. We're moving ahead and looking forward to state and local organization.

      All of Louisiana's issues are Green issues. Thank you for your consideration of the proposals and candidates to come before the National Committee. I greatly appreciate the opportunities I've been given.

      Peace,

      Shawn Christy

      GPL Delegate to National Committee
      GPL Coordinating Committee