Meeting Possibilities

  • John Clark
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2000
      Now that the Fall semester has started, we have the possibility of
      sponsoring joint meetings with the Loyola Greens. For example, we could
      show videos from the Green Convention, other videos from the Democracy
      University series (I have about 120 hours of these) or have speakers.
      This would offer a good opportunity to recruit new members, increase our
      presence on campus, distribute campaign materials, and have discussions
      after the presentation. It's fairly easy to get one or two of the
      Octavia Rooms in the Danna Center, which can hold perhaps up to 100
      people if two adjoining rooms are used. I suggest that these meetings
      be planned immediately by the officers of the group. I can't imagine
      that anyone would object to have such educational/outreach events and
      waiting almost two weeks for the next general meeting would waste a lot
      of our remaining time. If we are really seriously engaged in a campaign
      we should be having such events often and at many different places
      around the city and publicizing them as widely as possible.