NOLA GREENS- THIS WEEKEND VOLUNTEER FOR GREEN PARTY VOTER REGISTRATIONS!!!

  • Leenie ****
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2004
      Greens,

      As many of you already know, the Louisiana State legislature adopted HB 1605 on June 21, 2004.

      We are now awaiting Governor Blanco to sign this into law. If she does not veto the bill by July 11, 2004, it will become law.

      HB 1605 will allow the Green Party of Louisiana to become a recognized Party if we have a minimum of 1000 registered "Green" voters and pay a $1000 fee to the Secretary of State.

      In anticipation of this bill's passage, we will initiate a "Green" voter registration drive this weekend in the Greater New Orleans metro area.

      We plan on going to area theatres which are playing Michael Moore's new film, Farenheit 911, and canvass the film's audience for voter registrations.

      We need volunteers who are willing talk to people about the Green Party and help facilitate registrations for newly registered voters that (hopefully) want to affiliate as a Green on their voter registrations. Additionally, registered voters who are not registered as a Green can change their party affiliation or independent status to Green by filling out a new voter registration card.

      If you have some free time this weekend, please contact me at

      Leenie at

      947-8899

      or

      Cammie at

      343-1273

      The movie's weekend schedule is:

      Landmark Canal Place Cinema
      333 Canal Street, New Orleans, LA, 70130
      (12:00), (2:30), 5:10, 7:40, 10:10

      AMC Palace 20 - Elmwood
      1200 Elmwood Park Blvd., Harahan, LA, 70123
      10:15am, 1:15, 4:10, 7:10, 10:10, 12:35am

      AMC Palace 16 - Westbank
      1151 Manhattan Blvd., Harvey, LA, 70058
      11:05am, 1:40, 4:30, 7:20, 10:10

      Causeway Place Cinemas
      1645 North Causeway Boulevard, Mandeville, LA, 70471
      2:00, 4:30, 7:00, 9:20