Green Party Support for Louisiana Candidates

  • Jason Neville
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2004
      Greens/Progressives:

      At the Green Party convention this weekend, I was elected to the Coordinated Campaigns Committee (CCC) which provides financial, material and organizational support for Green Party candidates at the state and local level. Independent candidates are also considered for support, but only under special circumstances.

      With a Louisianian on the CCC, it will be easier to faciliate communication between local Greens running for office and the national party, which can be of great assistance to local grassroots campaigns.

      The deadline to apply for funding, as was recently posted by our state associate, is July 20-- less than one month away.

      The New Orleans Green Party and the GP of Louisiana have already been discussing some potential candidates, but I wanted to send a message strongly encouraging progressives/radicals in Louisiana to contact me if they are considering a run for office this fall-- anywhere from school boards to US Congress.

      Women and people of color are encouraged to apply, and are given priority in the distribution of funds and support.

      Thanks and peace,

      Jason Neville
      USGP Coordinated Campaigns Committee
      jason@...