[UC] UPDATE --WWOZ EXPANSION-- 6/23/04

  • editor@urbanconservancy.org
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2004
      -------------------------------
      *The Urban Conservancy Biweekly Update*
      June 23, 2004

      In this issue:

      *WWOZ Expansion
      *Take it to the Network

      ---------------------------
      BOTH SIDES IN THE WWOZ DEBATE PREPARE FOR PUBLIC FORUM

      An official public information request finally forced the city
      and WWOZ to share their plans for the expansion of WWOZ's facility in
      Armstrong park with concerned community members. After the public release
      of the plans, both WWOZ and Friends of Armstrong Park began placing their
      spin on the project. A public hearing on the project should take place in
      mid-July.

      Read each side's take on the project here:
      http://www.ucno.org/issues/wwoz_two_sides.html
      ---------------------------
      TAKE IT TO THE NETWORK

      If you are reading this, then you know the power of
      organization and communication.

      Your neighborhood or other group can now take it online!
      The Urban Conservancy supports democratic control of
      neighborhoods by their residents. A critical part
      of democracy is the open sharing of communication.
      The Internet is a part of that communication process
      and can be a way of quickly and inexpensively sharing
      information related to your neighborhood.

      The Urban Conservancy has learned a number of lessons
      from our website and e-mail list which received the
      Gambit award for Best Activist Use of the Internet in
      2002. Now we want to share that knowledge with
      neighborhood groups and other organizations
      throughout the city for a price that is more
      economical than almost anywhere else.

      Learn More:
      http://www.ucno.org/projects/tech_training.html
      ----------------------------
      JOIN US

      The Urban Conservancy invites you to become a member
      and receive:

      *The Quarterly newsletter, mailed to your home or office
      *Copies of all reports and analyses issued by the Urban
      Conservancy
      *A voice in shaping the Urban Conservancy's research
      program and priorities
      *Discounted rental rates at The Darkroom, a public
      center for the photographic arts.
      (www.neworleansdarkroom.com)

      The Urban Conservancy is a 501(c)(3) non-profit
      organization and all membership contributions
      to the Urban Conservancy are tax deductible.

      Learn more:
      http://www.ucno.org/join/
      ----------------------------

      TALK BACK!

      The Urban Conservancy encourages discussion
      of and response to everything we post on our
      Web site. We also welcome any tips or updates
      that are relevant to protecting New Orleans'
      greatest asset. Respond to us at
      editor at ucno.org

      The Urban Conservancy
      http://www.ucno.org

      A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely
      rearranging their prejudices.
      -William James