We Are Everywhere

  • John Clark
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2004
      Andrew Stern and Jennifer Whitney

      We Are Everywhere:
      The Irresistible Rise Of Global Anti-capitalism

      Wednesday, May 5
      7:30 PM
      St. Charles Room
      Danna Center
      Loyola University

      Andrew Stern and Jennifer Whitney are members of the Notes from Nowhere
      Collective, which produced We Are Everywhere, a best-selling book on the
      global justice movement. The editors of this celebratory publishing project
      have been on the frontline of the movement, working as activists and
      writers, story chasers and documentarians. A mixture of critical analysis,
      art book, agitprop, inspirational document, and DIY manual, We Are
      Everywhere combines innovative graphic design and photographs with texts and
      interviews of activists, creating a lively, polyphonic insight into the
      ideas and activities of the movements against capitalism.

      Stern and Whitney are traveling throughout North America to discuss the book
      and the results of their further research and investigation into
      international protest movements. Stern is just back from his second trip to
      Iraq, where he accompanied Naomi Klein on an investigative research project,
      and will present hard-hitting images from the streets of Baghdad to
      accompany Whitney's analysis.

      Stern and Whitney will present a multimedia performance comprised of several
      elements: a cutting edge video highlighting the diversity of various threads
      of resistance around the world, an exhibition of beautiful photos and
      illustrative quotations from their book, a lecture, and an open discussion
      with the audience.

      This event is free and open to the public. It is sponsored by the Loyola
      Greens, Loyola Environmental Action and the City College Humanities Program.
      For further information, call John Clark at 865-2128.

      ********

      On We Are Everywhere: The Irresistible Rise of Global Anti-capitalism:

      "If a book could be a carnival instead of a linear narrative, it would read
      like this."-Naomi Klein

      "This is an uprising as big as the revolution that shook the world between
      1890 and 1920. Beware."
      -Vice President for Asia of Goldman Sachs