GNO Greens Newsletter Needs You!

  • Steven Godfrey
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 28, 2003
          Dear Green Party Members,My name is Lance Jackson
      I am editing a New Orleans area Green Party Newsletter
      to be sent out in July.You are invited to submit
      articles to it concerning up coming elections, local
      Green issues, ideas, or just rant n rave.

           the address to send articles to is

              lancemj@...

      PS:  The working plan is to have the newsletter out about Tuesday, July 15, so please have any submissions in by July 9 if at all possible.  Also, to submit feedback on how the newsletter should be composed, please contact Lance above or Steve at rylnwrld@...
      The newsletter issue will be brought up at the Sunday, July 6 General Meeting (see green.rox.com )
      Thanks

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Art Carpenter
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2003
        Steve and Lance,

        The message below implies that a GNOGP newsletter is about to be launched.

        However, I don't think a newsletter has been proposed and approved at a
        membership meeting, and I don't think Lance has been elected editor.

        A newsletter can be valuable, even indispensable for an organization like
        ours. It is also a big step, one that requires commitment, resources,
        planning. And that requires membership discussion and approval of a clear
        newsletter proposal.

        May I suggest, then, that y'all bring a formal proposal to the July 6
        meeting? We need, I think, basic info about projected costs, frequency,
        format, distribution, content, and editorial direction.

        thanks,
        Art