New poll for OrleansGreens

  • OrleansGreens@egroups.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 16, 2000
      Enter your vote today! Check out the new poll for the OrleansGreens
      group:

      This is just a sample poll that I'm
      creating for the purposes of
      demonstration. This is a feature offered
      by eGroups. But I have to ask a
      question, so:

      Which flavor of ice cream do you prefer?

      o chocolate
      o vanilla
      o strawberry
      o pistachio

      http://www.egroups.com/polls/OrleansGreens

      not collected via email. To vote, you must go to the eGroups
      web site listed above.

      Thanks!
    • OrleansGreens@egroups.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 29, 2000
        Enter your vote today! Check out the new poll for the OrleansGreens
        group:

        What night(s) of the week would you
        prefer to have our weekly meetings for
        the Greater New Orleans Greens?

        o Sunday
        o Monday
        o Tuesday
        o Wednesday
        o Thursday
        o Friday
        o Saturday

        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 11, 2000
          Enter your vote today! Check out the new poll for the OrleansGreens
          group:

          Are you planning to attend the September
          22-24 campout / campaign rally /
          organizational meeting in the Alexandria
          State Forest?

          o Yes
          o No
          o Don't know yet

          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 6, 2000
            Enter your vote today! Check out the new poll for the OrleansGreens
            group:

            Where should the Greater New Orleans
            Green Party focus its activities over the
            next year?

            o Mostly on non-electoral activism and advocacy.
            o Mostly on electoral politics (running candidates).
            o A rough balance of the above.
            o None of the above.

            http://www.egroups.com/polls/OrleansGreens

            not collected via email. To vote, you must go to the eGroups
            web site listed above.

            Thanks!
          • mark m. gonzalez
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 6, 2000
              Dear Whoever:

              When you try to vote according to your message you get to e-groups and have
              to register. I don't want to register a new group - I want to get to
              OrleansGreens.

              I think I will need a password.

              Please re-send this message with better information on how to vote, more
              than just "click here" to vote - which leads to an edless loop of things
              rather than a simple way of voting.

              Thanks

              Mark M. Gonzalez
            • Bart Everson
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 6, 2000
                From: "mark m. gonzalez" <mmg@...>
                > When you try to vote according to your message you get to e-groups
                > and have to register.

                That just means that either

                a) you've never registered with eGroups

                or

                b) you have registered, but you just need to "sign in" so the website
                knows who you are

                Yes, it's entirely possible for people to be on this group and yet never
                registered with eGroups.com. But you *do* have to register to vote.
                Why? Simple: authentication. Otherwise we could all vote as many times
                as we want.

                I could make a joke about Louisiana politics at this point, but I haven't
                lived here long enough.

                Sorry, but that's just the way it is. The only way to vote is to
                register! But I can assure you that eGroups will not resell your name to
                marketers, or send viruses to destroy you computer. It's safe, free and
                (relatively) easy. But don't hesitate to let me know if you run into
                more problems.

                Your friendly list moderator,
                Bart Everson

                "We grow old by deserting our ideals. Years may
                wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm
                wrinkles the soul." -- Samuel Ullman
              • OrleansGreens@egroups.com
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 11, 2001
                  Enter your vote today! Check out the new poll for the OrleansGreens
                  group:

                  Should the policy of this list be to
                  focus more strictly on exchanging
                  information about meetings and actions,
                  rather than discussion?

                  Remember we have another list
                  established specifically for
                  free-ranging discussion
                  (LouisianaGreens-D).

                  o Yes, the list should narrow its focus.
                  o No, the list should be open to discussion.

                • OrleansGreens@yahoogroups.com
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 28, 2002
                    OrleansGreens group:

                    Who's your vote for mayor of New
                    Orleans?

                    o Quentin Brown Jr. (Independent)
                    o Manny "Chevrolet" Bruno (Independent)
                    o Troy Carter (D)
                    o Ed Cerrone (Independent)
                    o Thomas Dunn Jr. (R)
                    o Tim Hill (R)
                    o Clarence Hunt (R)
                    o Paulette Irons (D)
                    o Albert "Superman" Jones (D)
                    o Emile Labat III (D)
                    o Leonard Lucas (D)
                    o Ray Nagin (D)
                    o Vernon Palmer (D)
                    o Richard Pennington (D)
                    o Jim Singleton (D)

                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 12, 2003
                      OrleansGreens group:

                      Should OrleansGreens be strictly local?
                      Remember that we have other lists for
                      state and national news (such as
                      LouisianaGreens).

                      o Yes, OrleansGreens should be strictly klocal.
                      o No, OrleansGreens should not have any geographical restrictions.
                      o OrleansGreens should be mostly local, with some exceptions (to be determined in a follow-up poll).

                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 27, 2003
                        OrleansGreens group:

                        In accord with our most recent poll, the
                        posting policy for OrleansGreens is
                        changing. In the future, OrleansGreens
                        will be mostly for local news and
                        announcements, with some exceptions.
                        How should these exceptions be handled?

                        o Moderator (who should be appointed by the GNOGP) should exercise his or her own judgement on exceptions.
                        o Certain people (appointed by the GNOGP) should have the discretion to post without moderator's approval.
                        o Any news from a GNOGP-affiliated organization should be approved.
                        o None of the above.

                        web site listed above.

                        Thanks!