GPL Meeting on Sat. in Alex.

  • Art Carpenter
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2003
      Greens,

      This Sat., Jan. 25 the Green Party of Louisiana's Coordinating Committee
      will meet in Alexandria. Most of us will gather for lunch at 11:30am. The
      meeting will begin at 1:00pm and end by 5:00pm Anyone interested in
      joining or building the GPL is encouraged to attend. It will be a great
      opportunity to meet with green activists from throughout Louisiana.

      The meeting will focus on discussing the GPL's relationship with the Green
      Party of the US, on organizing the GPL Coordinating Committee, and on
      defining the CC's tasks. A proposed agenda is attached.

      See below for directions for lunch and the meeting site.

      If you have any questions about directions, please turn to our host, Andrew
      Griffin. Andrew's email is: aw_griffin@... His phone number is:
      318-619-9959. His cell is: 318-308-6063.

      Look forward to seeing you on Sat.

      In solidarity,
      Art Carpenter

      DIRECTIONS

      (1) LUNCH: Many of us will gather before the meeting about 11:30am for
      lunch at Schlotzsky's Deli, which is located at 959 Macarthur Drive. From
      I-49 take the US-167/US-71/Macarthur Drive exit. Join us for informal
      discussion and socializing.

      (2) MEETING SITE: The meeting will begin at 1:00pm at 315 Bolton Ave. If
      coming from the south (reverse for northerners), Andrew suggests getting of
      I-49 at the Jackson St. exit, taking a left on Jackson for a couple of
      blocks, then right on Bolton to 315 Bolton Ave. YAHOO MAP advises:

      (a) Coming from the south on I-49--take 10th St. exit; continue on 10th St.
      about .6mi; turn left on Jackson St and go about .4mi; turn right on Bolton
      Ave.

      (b) Coming from the north on I-49--take Wheelock St. exit; continue on
      Wheelock about .7mi; turn right on Jackson St. and go about .3mi; turn
      right on Bolton Ave.