URBAN CONSERVANCY UPDATE 1/1/02

  • The Urban Conservancy
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2002
      *The Urban Conservancy Biweekly Update*
      January 1, 2002

      In this issue:

      *Another Bite

      ---------------------------
      This week's update will be another bite-sized holiday version,
      but the web site will continue to be updated with news, updates
      and letters from readers. You can see the latest at:

      http://www.urbanconservancy.org/index3.html

      The last year has been a wild ride. The Urban Conservancy would
      like to thank you for reading and taking action in 2002 and look
      forward to being a part of your 2003.

      We are also looking forward to a number of exciting projects in 2003
      including:

      *New media - not everyone has access to e-mail and the web, so we'll be
      adding more ways to get the word out. And no, the web site won't suffer
      either. We'll keep adding more visuals and developing new ways of sharing
      information.

      *More information - we're increasing our research capacity so that we
      can cover more issues with more timely and accurate information.

      *Public events - we'll be presenting at conferences and forums around
      the city and the Gulf South. We want to hear more from you both on-line
      and in public, so we'll be adding new features to help you stay involved.

      *More good ideas. We are preparing to announce a new program that helps
      YOU support your local businesses!

      We look to your continued support and hope you will consider becoming a
      member of the Urban Conservancy by visiting
      http://www.urbanconservancy.org/join
      and by passing along the weekly updates to others who are interested in
      quality of life and democracy in their community.

      We'll be back next week with a po-boy sized update.

      Thanks,

      Geoff Coats
      Edward Melendez
      Principals
      The Urban Conservancy

      I conceive that land belongs for use to a vast family of which many are dead,
      few are living, and countless members are still unborn.
      -A Nigerian tribesman quoted in "A Pattern Language"