Fw: [GreenAllianceUSA] A MUST ATTEND EVENT - Green Party Convention - July 18-21 - Philadelphia

  • Frank Neelis
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2002

      Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 1:54 PM
      Subject: [GreenAllianceUSA] A MUST ATTEND EVENT - Green Party Convention - July 18-21 - Philadelphia

      Green Party 2002 Midterm Convention
       Helping You Build the Green Party - July 18-21st

      The 2002 Green Party Midterm Convention represents a new step of growth for the Green Party. Check it out at http://www.greenpartyus.org/convention.html. We will be holding a 4-day event that is much, much more than a business meeting to talk about bylaws:

      We will have two weekend days of workshops and discussions ranging from a Campaign School to Platform Discussion to a Fundraising Workshop. See the weekend schedule at - http://www.greenpartyus.org/convsched.html

      Our business meeting on Thursday and Friday is for voting delegates but anyone can attend and observe. We will be electing new Steering Committee members, getting committee reports and making policy decisions for the party. Agenda is pending.

      We will be holding a major political rally on Friday night, July 19, at 8pm at the Irvine Auditorium on the University of Pennsylvania campus. Keynote speakers will include Ralph Nader and Medea Benjamin and we will also be hearing from many prominent Green Party candidates and officeholders. Musical entertainment will be provided by David Rovics, Dana Lyons, Judy Gorman, and more! Ticket information will be available soon.

      You can register for the convention at http://www.greenpartyus.org/convreg2002.html. To stay at the Holiday Inn Hotel, you can reserve your room at 800-843-2355 - tell them you're with the Green Party for a discount.

      Come, gain skills, make decisions, gain friendships, & build the Green Party!
       . . . We're Green & Growing!