Host Committee meets this Sat.

  • Art Carpenter
    Message 1 of 2 , May 23, 2002
      Greens,

      The GNOGP voted to host the convention that will form a state green party
      sometime this summer, probably over Labor Day weekend. We'll need to find
      a place for the convention, arrange housing and food, and organize a social
      or party.

      A host committee made up of local greens is forming and we need your help.
      Our next meeting will be this Sat., May 25, at 11am at the office (7930
      Palm St.). Let me know if you want to help but can't make this meeting.

      --Art
    • Art Carpenter
      Message 2 of 2 , May 28, 2002
        Dear Greens,

        A committee of local greens is working on hosting the founding state
        convention of the La. Green Party--tentatively set for NOLA over Labor Day
        weekend. This is obviously a big event for all La. greens, and we want to
        make sure that it's successful.

        The host committee will next meet at 12:30pm this Sat., June 1, at the
        GNOGP office (7930 Palm St., right behind the 5 Happiness Restaurant on S.
        Carrollton). We'll discuss possible sites for the convention--we have
        several options and need to make a choice soon. We'll also discuss
        housing, food, and other convention needs.

        We're off to a good start, but a lot of work remains to be done and we need
        your help. Hope to see you Saturday!

        --Art