BAYOU SAUVAGE CLEANUP

  • John Clark
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2002
      As you may have heard, the Bayou Sauvage National Wildlife Preserve in
      New Orleans East has been the victim of widespread littering, dumping
      and other abuses. There's going to be a cleanup in a few weeks to help
      restore our largest urban nature preserve to its natural state. I want
      to pass on the following information from the Crescent Bird Club, which
      is helping to lead this effort. I hope that many of you can help!

      WWNO has just apprised us of the change in the meeting place for the big
      Bayou Sauvage NWR cleanup on 3/16/02, as follows:

      "Registration will now take place in the parking lot at the Boat Launch
      instead of at the Nature Center from 8:00 am until 9:00 am on Saturday,
      March 16th - with PJ's coffee and Krispy Kreme Doughnuts served to all
      who
      register; [there will be] cleanup of trash along US 11 from the boat
      launch back down to Chef Highway - and of the area around the boat
      launch - from 9:00 am until noon; jambalaya lunch at the Ridge Trail
      Pavillion - from noon until 2:00 pm."

      Directions to Boat Launch: Drive on I-10 East through New Orleans East
      and take Exit 254 (the North Shore, Irish Bayou, Highway 11 exit).
      Drive west on Highway 11 about 2.5 miles, and the Boat Launch will be on
      your right.

      For firther information contact CrescentBirdClub@...