agenda items/ directions

  • Jason Neville
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 18, 2001
      Greens:

      Our next meeting is this Sunday October 21 at 5PM, 7930 Palm behind 5 happiness (chinese restauant [food from china]) on S. Carrolton. You can see the large warehouse from Carrolton. Yes, it's haggard-- you gotta have a vision, though. There's a lot of people working hard to make it a community/environmental/activist space (read: Ron Fowler, Neal Guidry, **STEVE GODFREY).

      Here are the agenda item thus far:

      -GNOGP position and actions concerning the "war"
      -GNOGP involvement in coming election campaign. Any candidates?
      -GNOGP involvement on public utilities issues.
      -State of the state party - final report from former rep to state CC.
      -Status of GNOGP CC and what its proper authority is.
      -newsletter
      -brochure
      -Green movement
      -events
      -poll monitoring report
      -timeplace of next meeting
      -electing new GNOGP CC members
      -review GNOGP statement on 3T

      items can be added at any time-- I'm not the owner of the list. feel free to bring any matters to the meeting Sunday. jason, secretary

      http://clubs.lycos.com/live/events/september11.asp
    • Bart Everson
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 18, 2001
        Jason Neville wrote:
        > Our next meeting is this Sunday October 21 at 5PM,
        > 7930 Palm behind 5 Happiness (chinese restauant [food from china])
        > on S. Carrolton. You can see the large warehouse from Carrolton.

        Two additional notes:

        1. This is a general meeting, not a meeting of the coordinating
        committee. While all our meetings are open to all our members, people
        are especially URGED and ENCOURAGED to attend general meetings. This
        is where the big decisions about where the local group is going get
        made.

        2. If you haven't been to the warehouse yet, you can see a map here:
        http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?addr=7930+Palm&csz=New+Orleans

        -- Bart Everson