Anti-Third Term Press/ Letter

  • Jason Neville
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 2001
      Greens:

      The Coordinating Committee made two decisions this weekend that I wanted to post. These decisions were made because of the urgent nature of the issues. Criticisms are encouraged, if membership feels that the decisions were inappropriate or something. I wasn't able to contact Pete Gollnick (yet), and didn't contact Les Evenchick because he's no longer on the CC. Everyone I talked with was in agreement that these were some good things to do:

      1) We decided that it would be a good idea to be a part of a press release/ press conference Wed. 2PM at 201 St. Charles to publicly oppose Morial's third-term efforts. Antionette Miller, Daisy Berbert and John Clark were all brought up as GP spokepoeple for this event. Daisy is unable to attend, and John doesn't want to. Antoinette is trying to change her schedule so that she can speak. Any one else who would like to speak, please call me so I can give you some info about the who's and the what's. If Antoinette can't speak, and no one else volunteers, I will volunteer, although I'd rather not.

      2) Antoinette's new non-profit organization, African American Genealogy Connection, Inc. is seeking federal funding for DNA testing of African Americans who wish to investigate thier exact lineage. To obtian such funds, AAGC needed letters of support from various groups by today. I wrote and delvered a letter to Antoinette today in that regard. I will post that letter to the list later this week, and will have a copy available for the group to read at our General meeting on Sun.

      Also, here are the current agenda items:

      - nominating Antionette (and anyone else!) to the Coordinating Committee
      - office signage
      - time/place of next meeting
      - poll monitoring report
      - CC report

      Please email me with any additional items.

      Jason Neville
      Secretary, GNOGP
      504-909-2837

      http://clubs.lycos.com/live/events/september11.asp