Get Involved With Local Charter Change Elections-- be a poll monitor!!

  • Jason Neville
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2001
      Greens:

      One of the guys that will be at our next meeting is Ron Nabonne from "Citizens to Preserve our Charter."

      He will be talking with us about the upcoming election to try and give Morial a third term.

      **His group need people to volunteer to be a "poll monitor" on October 24th. A poll monitor would monitor a polling place to ensure that no illegal activity takes place.

      You don't need to volunteer all day, just part if you can.

      "How can the Green Party get involved in local politics?" I've heard asked often. THIS IS HOW!

      You must be a registered voter in New Orleans to be a poll monitor. Call Ron Nabonne @ 529-2533 and leave a message with you name + voting address if you're interested. Let's have 10 GP volunteers at the polls on the 24th!

      Please call by 4PM Friday, October 5th
      Jason

      http://clubs.lycos.com/live/events/september11.asp