Entergy Cutoff (Candlelight Vigil Info)

  • Jason Neville
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2001
      March 29, 2001

      Greens:

      I had posted a message about the candlelight vigil at Antoinette's house
      (from Citizens for Change). The vigil will be on Tuesday April 18th at 7PM.
      Her address is: 1432 N. Miro Street.

      Her phone number is 949-1853 and fax 947-8763. She will continue to send me
      info, which I will forward to this list.

      This is a very, very important action and I highly encourage all active GNO
      Greens to attend. No issue in New Orleans is of as widespread detriment to
      our community right now than the entergy rate hikes, and Citizens for Change
      has organized a popular (and effective) resistance to the crisis.
      Personally, I believe this resistance to be of particular importance because
      its leadership has come from women of color.

      This action on the 18th is a symbolic act of resistance that stands
      especially true to every Green value that we promote: decentralization,
      diversity, feminism, community-oriented economics, social justice, future
      focus, grassroots democracy.

      This is a call to all Greens to support Antoinette and the rest of our
      community as Entergy attempts to shut her electricity off the night of the
      18th. This will be a very meaningful night, and I hope every Green who is
      able will attend.

      Antoinette will be at our meeting this Sunday to talk about it. At that
      meeting, I will suggest a time that we as Greens can come together to make
      creative signs and develop other strategies to support the action.

      Thanks and Peace,

      Jason