Re: [Orkbird] Westray

  • Don Otter
    Message 1 of 116 , May 1 3:46 AM
      I was on Westray last week and had presumably the same Iceland gull on Sunday. Earlier in the week had one Lapland and one Snow Bunt nr Cross Kirk. Also had three Whimbrel in poss breeding habitat (as I had last May) although, of course, they could just be passing through.
      Also had a dead stranded White Beaked Dolphin.

      Cheers.
      Don Otter.

      Message 116 of 116 , Jun 2, 2014
        As I am (I think!) the only "someone local" who is on Orkbird, I'll have a look in the morning!
        Cheers.
        Don.

        On Monday, 2 June 2014, 22:30, "gjcannon@... [Orkbird]" <Orkbird@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        A whimbrel on the cliffs east of Noup Head. I saw an arctic skua twice steal oystercatcher eggs . On leaving Pierowall on the community bus I thought I glimpsed a female red-backed shrike on top of a garden bush between the village and The Barn but couldn't be sure and will not report it as a sighting. But maybe someone local could have a look for it.

        Gerry