Waxwing - 205

  • paul357386
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2008
      You can all relax now!!!

      About a dozen Waxwings still in Stromness early this am. Couldn't tell
      if they were adult/juv or even Cedar Waxwing as i forgot to take my
      bins with me....ahem.

      They were in trees two roads up from the sunken garden/allottment
      place, and then flew off to the north as it got lightish, hope they
      are still there for anyone who goes looking today.

      Good find Tim, Ring Billed Gull next please.

      Off to count Geese now,

      Cheers,

      Happy Paul
    • tim.wootton@tiscali.co.uk
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2008
        Well done on the waxwing Paul - and very kind crediting me with the find, but in all honestly yesterday afternoon Stromness seemed to be dripping with them - hardly an ornithological feat to id them.  Nice to have them so close though (and I agree with Alan, most were juvs - but I didn't check them all).

        Jobs, Money, exclusive discounts and more from Tiscali - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/services/

      • ccorse@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 2, 2008
          30+ Waxwings, Lynn Park, Kirkwall this afternoon.

          Colin

          Jobs, Money, exclusive discounts and more from Tiscali - http://www.tiscali. co.uk/services/