List Favorite Evidences
- I would like for each evolutionist on this post to list their three
absolutely favorite evidences for evolution, plus up to two of their
favorite sources for information on these so I can research them
> I would like for each evolutionist on this post to list their threeJD, what a great idea. I will construct a list of things I find
> absolutely favorite evidences for evolution, plus up to two of their
> favorite sources for information on these so I can research them
> further. Thanks.
compelling as evidence for evolution for you to review. I also urge
all evolutionists to do the same.
Likewise, I'd like to request something similar from creationists,
and have taken the liberty of reviewing Genesis 1-3 and coming up
with an initial list of things I'd like to see evidence for, why you
think these things are compelling, etc.
I invite all creationists to participate in this, as it will further
the evolutionist understanding your viewpoints, and creationists
understanding the evolutionist's viewpoints.
Feel free to take your time and answer each question by number, if
possible. I'll start working on my evolution reply in the same
manner, then perhaps we can compare our differing viewpoints,
evidences, and the logic surrounding our positions.
GENESIS 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
1. Evidence that a god exists.
2. Evidence that a god created the heavens and earth.
GENESIS 1:2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over
the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the
3. Evidence that the earth was first created with waters, void of
GENESIS 1:3-5 And God said, "Let there be light," and there was
light. God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light
from the darkness. God called the light "day," and the darkness he
called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning-the
4. Evidence that light and darkness are separated.
5. Hypothesis as to how light and darkness are separated.
6. Evidence that a god is responsible for this separation.
7. Evidence that light existed without the sun.
8. Hypthothesis as to what this light source may have been.
9. Evidence that an evening and day occurred without the sun.
10. Hypothesis as to the process in which a day and night can occur
without the sun.
11. Evidence that this occurred in 1 day.
12. Evidence that this occurred on the 1st day.
GENESIS 1:6-8 And God said, "Let there be a firmament between the
waters to separate water from water." So God made the firmament and
separated the water under the firmament from the water above it. And
it was so. God called the firmament "heaven." And there was evening,
and there was morning-the second day.
13. Evidence that a firmament exists between the waters of the earth
and the waters above it.
14. Evidence that a god created this firmament.
15. Evidence as to the location of the water above the firmament.
16. Evidence that this occurred in 1 day.
17. Evidence that this occurred on the 2nd day.
GENESIS 1: And God said, "Let the water under the sky be gathered to
one place, and let dry ground appear." And it was so. God called the
dry ground "land," and the gathered waters he called "seas." And God
saw that it was good. Then God said, "Let the land produce
vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit
with seed in it, according to their various kinds." And it was so.
The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their
kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their
kinds. And God saw that it was good. And there was evening, and
there was morning-the third day.
18. Evidence that the waters under the firmament of heaven were
gathered into one place.
19. Evidence that a god made this occur.
20. Evidence that land appeared after this event of water being
gathered into one place.
21. Evidence that land produced vegetation, and not the seas (or on
land before the seas).
22. Evidence that these plants came about without a sun for
23. Evidence that these plants came about without (presumably) fresh
24. Evidence that, if a sun is not necessary for photosynthesis, some
other source of light was available or they did not photosynthesize
at the time.
25. Evidence that this occurred in 1 day.
26. Evidence that this occurred on the 3rd day.
GENESIS 1:14-19 And God said, "Let there be lights in the firmament
of heaven to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as
signs to mark seasons and days and years, and let them be lights in
the firmament of heaven to give light on the earth." And it was so.
God made two great lights-the greater light to govern the day and the
lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. God set
them in the firmament of heaven to give light on the earth, to govern
the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God
saw that it was good. And there was evening, and there was morning-
the fourth day.
27. Evidence that sun and the moon assumed the responsibility of
light from what ever was providing light prior to that.
28. Evidence that a god made this occur.
29. Evidence that what ever was providing light before the sun and
the moon relinquished responsibility of light or was made obsolete by
the creation of the sun and the moon.
30. Hypothesis as to what happened to the source of light that
existed before the sun and the moon.
31. Evidence that the moon produces light.
32. Hypothesis as to why the moon, created to govern the night, is
visible during the day.
33. Hypothesis as to why the sun, created to govern the day, is not
visible during the night as the moon is during the day.
34. Evidence that the sun and moon were created for the purposes
outlined in the passage.
35. Evidence that the sun and moon aid in the mysterious process of
separating light from darkness.
36. Evidence that this occurred in 1 day.
37. Evidence that this occurred on the 4th day.
GENESIS 1:20-23 And God said, "Let the water teem with living
creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the firmament of
heaven." So God created the great creatures of the sea and every
living and moving thing with which the water teems, according to
their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw
that it was good. God blessed them and said, "Be fruitful and
increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds
increase on the earth." And there was evening, and there was morning-
the fifth day.
38. Evidence that the waters and air begat life first, as opposed to
land for instance.
39. Evidence that a god made this occur.
40. Evidence that a god created these creatures.
41. Evidence that fish were amongst the first living things.
42. Evidence that birds were amongst the first living things.
43. Hypothesis as to why man has found bacteria to exist before the
44. Evidence that this occurred in 1 day.
45. Evidence that this occurred on the 5th day.
GENESIS 1:24-25 And God said, "Let the land produce living creatures
according to their kinds: livestock, creatures that move along the
ground, and wild animals, each according to its kind." And it was so.
God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock
according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the
ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.
46. Evidence that the land produced creatures such as livestock,
insects and beasts of the earth.
47. Evidence that a god made this occur.
48. Evidence that this occurred as part of 1 day.
49. Evidence that this occurred as part of the 6th day.
GENESIS 1:26-28 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our
likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of
the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the
creatures that move along the ground." So God created man in his own
image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created
them. God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in
number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea
and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on
50. Evidence that man was created.
51. Evidence that a god was made this occur.
52. Evidence that man was created in the image of this god.
53. Hypothesis for whom this god was speaking of or with when it
stated "in our image, after our likeness".
54. Evidence supporting the assertion that this god's gender is male
55. Evidence that man is supposed to subdue the earth and all its
56. Evidence that man rules over the fish of the sea.
57. Evidence that man rules over the birds of the air.
58. Evidence that man rules over the livestock.
59. Evidence that man rules over the beasts of the earth.
60. Evidence that man rules over the insects of the ground.
61. Evidence that this occurred as part of 1 day.
62. Evidence that this occurred as part of the 6th day.
GENESIS 1:29-31 Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant
on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with
seed in it. They will be yours for food. And to all the beasts of the
earth and all the birds of the air and all the creatures that move on
the ground-everything that has the breath of life in it-I give every
green plant for food." And it was so. God saw all that he had made,
and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning-
the sixth day.
63. Evidence that seed-bearing plants and seed-bearing fruit of trees
are for man to eat as food.
64. Evidence that a god informed man of this.
65. Evidence that green plants are for all creatures to eat as food.
66. Hypothesis as to why some plants are poisonous and inedible for
animals and man.
67. Hypothesis as to why some creatures and men eat meat.
68. Evidence that this occurred as part of 1 day.
69. Evidence that this occurred as part of the 6th day.
GENESIS 2:1-4 Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all
their vast array. By the seventh day God had finished the work he had
been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. And
God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested
from all the work of creating that he had done. This is the account
of the heavens and the earth when they were created.
70. Evidence that a god rested on the 7th day.
71. Evidence that the 7th day is holy or sacred.
72. Hypothesis as to which day is the 7th day and evidences
supporting this hypothesis.
GENESIS 2:5-7 When the Lord God made the earth and the heavens-and no
shrub of the field had yet appeared on the earth and no plant of the
field had yet sprung up, for the Lord God had not sent rain on the
earth and there was no man to work the ground, but streams came up
from the earth and watered the whole surface of the ground-the Lord
God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his
nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.
73. Evidence that man was created from dust.
74. Evidence that a god made this occur.
75. Hypothesis as to what makes man (given the breath of life) have a
soul but every other creature (given the breath of life [see Genesis
1:30]) not have a soul.
76. Hypothesis on how man, according to passage being needed for
shrubs and plants of the fields, was able to tend to all shrubs and
plants of the fields around the world, when there was only 1 man
77. Hypothesis as to what or who tended the shrubs and plants until
man wound up getting to different portions of the world.
GENESIS 2:8-9 Now the Lord God had planted a garden in the east, in
Eden; and there he put the man he had formed. And the Lord God made
all kinds of trees grow out of the ground-trees that were pleasing to
the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree
of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
78. Evidence that a garden exists in Eden.
79. Evidence that a god planted this garden.
80. Evidence that a tree of knowledge of good and evil exists.
81. Evidence that a tree of life exists.
82. Evidence that these trees are in the middle of this garden in
GENESIS 2:10-14 A river watering the garden flowed from Eden; from
there it was separated into four headwaters. The name of the first is
the Pishon; it winds through the entire land of Havilah, where there
is gold. (The gold of that land is good; aromatic resin and onyx are
also there.) The name of the second river is the Gihon; it winds
through the entire land of Cush. The name of the third river is the
Tigris; it runs along the east side of Asshur. And the fourth river
is the Euphrates.
83. Evidence that the four named rivers converge near Eden or the
garden in Eden.
84. Evidence that these rivers, converged as one, flow through this
GENESIS 2:15-17 The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden
of Eden to work it and take care of it. And the Lord God commanded
the man, "You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you
must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for
when you eat of it you will surely die."
85. Evidence that man was placed in the garden.
86. Evidence that a god placed man there.
87. Evidence that man was told what to eat and warned not to eat of
the tree of knowledge.
88. Hypothesis as to why man did not "surely die" after eating of the
tree of knowledge, as stated by the god.
89. Hypothesis as to what the consequences would have been if man
would have eaten of the tree of life.
90. Hypothesis as to why no warning is given for the tree of life.
GENESIS 2:18-22 The Lord God said, "It is not good for the man to be
alone. I will make a help mate suitable for him." Now the Lord God
had formed out of the ground all the beasts of the field and all the
birds of the air. He brought them to the man to see what he would
name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was
its name. So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds of
the air and all the beasts of the field. But for Adam no suitable
help mate was found. So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a
deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man's ribs
and closed up the place with flesh. Then the Lord God made a woman
from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the
91. Evidence that woman was created from man's rib.
92. Evidence that a god made this occur.
93. Hypothesis as to why the woman was constructed of man's rib, and
not the earth or sea or air like every other creature.
94. Evidence that the first man named all the animals.
95. Evidence that a god brought them to man to be named.
96. Hypothesis as to why a god would seek a suitable help mate for
the first man by creating beasts of the earth and birds of the air.
97. Hypothesis on the god's stance on bestiality considering this act.
98. Evidence that a rib was removed from the first man.
99. Hypothesis on why every other creature's help mate was created
after their kind, yet the god(s) in the passage attempted use other
kinds to find first man his help mate.
GENESIS 2:23-25 The man said, "This is now bone of my bones and flesh
of my flesh; she shall be called 'woman' for she was taken out of
man." For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be
united to his wife, and they will become one flesh. The man and his
wife were both naked, and they felt no shame.
100. Explain the differences in chronological order of creation,
i.e., Genesis 1 plants, fish/birds, beasts/livestock/insects, man
and woman vs Genesis 2 plants, man, beasts/birds, woman.
101. Hypothesis as to why first man and woman would be ashamed of
GENESIS 3:1-5 Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild
animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God really
say, 'You must not eat from any tree in the garden'?" The woman said
to the serpent, "We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, but
God did say, 'You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the
middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will
die.'" "You will not surely die," the serpent said to the woman.
5 "For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened,
and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."
102. Evidence that first woman established dialogue with a serpent.
103. Evidence that a god created the serpent craftier than any other
creature, including man/woman.
104. Evidence that a serpent is capable of abstractions.
105. Evidence that a serpent could communicate with woman.
106. Hypothesis on how the woman knew she could not eat of the trees
in the middle of the garden.
107. Hypothesis on how the serpent knew what would happen if she did
eat of them.
108. Hypothesis on the serpent's accuracy; i.e., man/woman's eyes
were opened, and they did not "surely die" as the god had promised.
GENESIS 3:6-7 When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good
for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining
wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband,
who was with her, and he ate it. Then the eyes of both of them were
opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves
together and made coverings for themselves.
109. Evidence that a man or woman can ascertain if a fruit is good to
eat merely by sight.
110. Evidence that wisdom equates to shame of nakedness.
111. Evidence that man and woman sewed fig leaves together.
112. Evidence of their motivation for doing so (See Question # 109).
GENESIS 3:8-13 Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord
God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they
hid from the Lord God among the trees of the garden. But the Lord God
called to the man, "Where are you?" He answered, "I heard you in the
garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid." And he
said, "Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree
that I commanded you not to eat from?" The man said, "The woman you
put here with me-she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it."
Then the Lord God said to the woman, "What is this you have done?"
The woman said, "The serpent deceived me, and I ate."
113. Evidence that above event took place.
114. Hypothesis on how a god makes sound while walking, and why today
people don't hear such sounds.
115. Hypothesis on how nothing can be hidden from this god (Jeremiah
16:17 "My eyes are upon all their ways; they are not hid from my
face", Jeremiah 23:24 "Can any hid in secret that I not see? Do I not
fill the earth?", Acts 1:24 "God, who knowest the hearts of all men",
Psalms 44:21 "the Lord knoweth all the secrets of the heart",
Proverbs 15:3 "the eyes of the Lord are in every place") yet the man
and woman hid from it.
116. Hypothesis on how this god knows every act (Jeremiah 16:17 "My
eyes are upon all their ways; they are not hid from my face",
Jeremiah 23:24 "Can any hid in secret that I not see? Do I not fill
the earth?", Acts 1:24 "God, who knowest the hearts of all men",
Psalms 44:21 "the Lord knoweth all the secrets of the heart",
Proverbs 15:3 "the eyes of the Lord are in every place") yet asks
questions to obtain information in this passage, as well as in other
passages (Genesis 11:5 "Lord came down to see what happened", Genesis
18:20 "Lord said, I will go down and see whether they have done
this", Genesis 22:12 "Thou hath not withheld thy son, for now I know
you fear me", Numbers 22:9 "God came to Balaam and said, What men are
these with thee?", Job 1:7 "Lord said unto Satan, Whence comest
thou?", Hosea 8:4 "They have set up kings have made princes and I
knew it not").
GENESIS 3:14-15 So the Lord God said to the serpent, "Because you
have done this, Cursed are you above all the livestock and all the
wild animals! You will crawl on your belly and you will eat dust
all the days of your life. And I will put enmity between you and the
woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head,
and you will strike his heel."
117. Evidence that the serpent underwent a curse.
118. Evidence that a god made this occur.
119. Hypothesis on what the serpent may have looked like prior to
120. Hypothesis on why a god would curse a creature it made crafty,
for being crafty.
121. Hypothesis on why a god would curse a creature for telling man
and woman the truth (they did gain knowledge of good and evil, and
they did not die, contrary to what the god had told them).
GENESIS 3:16 To the woman he said, "I will greatly increase your
pains in childbearing; with pain you will give birth to children.
Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you."
122. Evidence that woman was cursed.
123. Evidence that woman was cursed by a god.
124. Hypothesis on why some women do not desire husbands, or why some
of those that do have a husband do not desire them.
125. Hypothesis on why one should be punished for gaining knowledge.
126. Hypothesis on why a god would not want its creations to gain
127. Hypothesis on why man/woman can no longer establish dialogue
128. Opinion on how just it is that someone be punished for the evil
of disobeying, under the context that they should have known better,
when they didn't possess the knowledge of good or evil until after
the "sin" had occurred?
GENESIS 3:17-20 To Adam he said, "Because you listened to your wife
and ate from the tree about which I commanded you, 'You must not eat
of it,' "Cursed is the ground because of you; through painful toil
you will eat of it all the days of your life. It will produce thorns
and thistles for you, and you will eat the plants of the field. By
the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the
ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust
you will return."
129. Evidence that man was cursed.
130. Evidence that man was cursed by a god.
131. Evidence that man didn't obtain food by the sweat of his brow
before this curse.
132. Hypothesis on since man returns to his origins in death (dust),
where does woman go in death (a rib)?
GENESIS 3:21-24 The Lord God made garments of skin for Adam and his
wife and clothed them. And the Lord God said, "The man has now become
like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to
reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and
live forever." So the Lord God banished him from the Garden of Eden
to work the ground from which he had been taken. After he drove the
man out, he placed on the east side of the Garden of Eden cherubim
and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the
tree of life.
133. Evidence that the god feared man would become like of them (the
rest of the gods?).
134. Hypothesis on whom the god was speaking to or with when it
said "man has now become like one of us".
135. Hypothesis on why the god feared man would become as one of them.
136. Evidence that a god made clothing for man and woman.
137. Evidence for the existence of cherubim with flaming swords.
Requests for evidence of concerning the rest of the history of the
population of the world, and the history of the world, including the
Flood, will be forthcoming. Take your time.
~ Aaron, Skeptic & Atheist Extraordinaire