Young Earth - Young Universe

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 13, 2013
      Charles P:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYpkbCgSNtU#t=526  This 2013  science video shows us average readers how to understand and how to use multiple clocks to measure time.  About 20 different clocks are explained.  You can choose which clock best explains the evidence.  The video closes with a methodology of how to choose the most "accurate" clock.
    • ptolemy1022
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 14, 2013
        Isn't it amazing that this man tries to understand the age of the universe using various clocks - instead of the simple, literal words of the Bible? The Bible plainly states that the days and years of the son are shorter and worse than the days and years of the fathers (Genesis 47:9). It never once says the Earth is young. It repeatedly mentions the vast age of the world. When the Moses wrote, people could not even imaging that time exists or even that it is measurable, so why does this man try to make the Bible fit the western concept of an actual, clock based time?

        We can see with sight how atomic clocks in billions of galaxies run at different speed, largely dependent on distance (that is the past).

        We can see with sight how the starry arms of galaxies spread out from the formless matter god created first, exactly as in the literal account of creation.

        The Bible plainly describes the geological events that passed during the few days of life during the dinosaur age (Job 14). We even find the skulls of our ancestors with doubled faces (Neadnerthals) exactly as Job describes. If you lived for vast eons your face would grow Neanderthal brows.

        He says He continues to form the Sun, Moon and stars and continues to place them in the spreading place. The lunar maria, if removed, results in a moon a tiny fraction of its modern size. The Bible plainly explains that the Earth continues to grow in size (spread out) above the waters. Indeed, the continents only fit together on a tiny globe, without major surface seas. The seafloors are young. The size of the Earth when the seas began to spread out and divide the continents (during the days of Peleg) shows a radius of 17% the modern radius.  - exactly as described in the text.

        The Bible plainly states that the creation is enslaved to change. Not a single atom is observed to remain the same with age. Not a single orbit in billions of galaxies has a fixed nature. So where are the clocks needed to measure the western notions of a fixed time?

        Changing Earth Creationists are not adjusting the Bible to fit science, like YE and OE creationist. We simply take the text literally. This is why we have no problems at all with a very ancient Earth that has only rotated around the Sun 6,000 times.

        Carefully test the false idea the Bible predicted for the last days with which they obfuscate the age of the plural heavens (the galaxies). Carefully test the creed of all scientists, that matter is not continually changing itself.

        Victor, Changing Earth Creationist

        --- In OriginsTalk@yahoogroups.com, <originstalk@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Charles P:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYpkbCgSNtU#t=526  This 2013  science video shows us average readers how to understand and how to use multiple clocks to measure time.  About 20 different clocks are explained.  You can choose which clock best explains the evidence.  The video closes with a methodology of how to choose the most "accurate" clock.
      • will brooks
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 18, 2013
          From Will Brooks Wednesday 18th September 9.15 AM GMT

          Victor: Isn't it amazing that this man tries to understand the age of the
          universe using various clocks - instead of the simple, literal
          words of the Bible? The Bible plainly states that the days and
          years of the son are shorter and worse than the days and years of
          the fathers (Genesis 47:9). It never once says the Earth is
          young. It repeatedly mentions the vast age of the world. When the
          Moses wrote, people could not even imaging that time exists or
          even that it is measurable, so why does this man try to make the
          Bible fit the western concept of an actual, clock based time?

          Victor: . We simply take the text literally.

          Will: Genesis 47:9 And Jacob said unto Pharaoh, the days of the years of my pilgrimage are an hundred and thirty years: few and evil have the days of the years of my life been, and have not attained unto the days of the years of the life of my fathers in the days of their pilgrimage.

          Those are the literal words written by Moses in the Genesis account. How can you say that people could not even imagine that time exists given that Moses wrote specifically a hundred and thirty years? What was the purpose in Moses writing such a thing if, as you say, people could not imagine time? How can you verify that people did not understand the concept of time? Why does the Bible contain verses giving the ages of certain persons and the length of years the Kings reigned?

          Exodus 35 instructs the people to work Six days but on the Seventh day they are to rest. What do you understand Six days yoms and Seventh day yom to mean? If it is not literal 24 hour days but periods of time of indefinite length it makes absolutely no sense at all.

          What say you? I have asked you similar questions previously but unless I missed your post it seems you have not responded.

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 18, 2013

            Victor: Isn't it amazing that this man tries to understand the age of the
            universe using various clocks - instead of the simple, literal
            words of the Bible? The Bible plainly states that the days and
            years of the son are shorter and worse than the days and years of
            the fathers (Genesis 47:9). It never once says the Earth is
            young. It repeatedly mentions the vast age of the world. When the
            Moses wrote, people could not even imaging that time exists or
            even that it is measurable, so why does this man try to make the
            Bible fit the western concept of an actual, clock based time?

            Victor: . We simply take the text literally.

            Will: Genesis 47:9 And Jacob said unto Pharaoh, the days of the years of my pilgrimage are an hundred and thirty years: few and evil have the days of the years of my life been, and have not attained unto the days of the years of the life of my fathers in the days of their pilgrimage.

            Those are the literal words written by Moses in the Genesis account. How can you say that people could not even imagine that time exists given that Moses wrote specifically a hundred and thirty years? What was the purpose in Moses writing such a thing if, as you say, people could not imagine time? How can you verify that people did not understand the concept of time? Why does the Bible contain verses giving the ages of certain persons and the length of years the Kings reigned?
            Exodus 35 instructs the people to work Six days but on the Seventh day they are to rest. What do you understand Six days yoms and Seventh day yom to mean? If it is not literal 24 hour days but periods of time of indefinite length it makes absolutely no sense at all.
            What say you? I have asked you similar questions previously but unless I missed your post it seems you have not responded.

            LA>  Might I suggest that Victor is trying to have a "little bit" of the evolutionary concept of vast ages, because he seems to think that evolutionists might be right on the "time" question,  even though he is a fully convinced that the atheism of evolutionism is a total absurdity?  For  my part, I think he is very mistaken and  misled or worse!

            Laurie.

            "We used to have an open mind,  now we realise that the only logical answer to life is creation -- not accidental random shuffling." (Chandra Wickramasinghe,  ex-atheist Buddhist, 1981)
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 18, 2013
              Charles P:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYpkbCgSNtU#t=526  Here is a question for Victor: Assuming that we can see "deep time" by looking at distant galaxies, which galaxies show us Day 1 of creation?  Which galaxies show us Day 2 of creation? Which galaxies show us Day 3 of creation?, etc.?

              Charles P:  At Time 1:04:00 of the video, another question for Victor: How are each of the 20 different clocks explained by Changing Earth Creationists?  Why not accept that when there are multiple clocks, the shortest one is the most accurate?