Re: Why the epidemic of fraud exists in science today

  • David
    Message 1 of 86 , Aug 27, 2013
      --- In OriginsTalk@yahoogroups.com, will brooks <wilson_brooks2003@...> wrote:

      > From Will Brooks Monday 26th August 2.25PM GMT
      >
      > David Williams: I don't care if he took Genesis literally or not. I don't.
      >
      > Will: You produced Augustine as your witness. But when your witness contradicted you you disown him in the above manner. Hoisted by your own Petard.

      David Williams: You really like that word. Can you leave your house without wearing nappies?

      > Furthermore, in doing so you have yet again very clearly given evidence that you, the very person who accuses creationists of blind faith and stupidity,

      David Williams: Are you confessing?

      are the one who has blind faith in blind atheist scientists who cannot give answers as to how nothing produced something and how non intelligence produced intelligence.

      David Williams: No one has credible scientific evidence for ultimate origins. You are free to belive the origin myth of your choice.

      Additionally, you are a supporter of those so called scientists who arbitrarily make the rules and decide what is and what is not real science and who operate a closed shop policy and deny freedom of speech in Academia. And you have the audacity to call that science.

      David Williams: Scientists have standards as does your church. Would your church let an atheist preach evolutionary theory in its pulpits?

      You ought not to be surprised that you cannot be taken seriously.

      David Williams: I never expect to be taken seriously by any creationist. They should not expect me to ever take them seriously.

> [...]

      > generated by the flood. Thus production of coccolithophores and foraminifera is not dependent on sunlight, the supply of organic material potentially supporting a dense concentration.
      >
      > Since, for example, in southern England there are three main chalk beds stacked on top of one another, then this scenario of three successive, explosive, massive blooms coincides with the rock record. Given that the turnover rate for coccoliths is up to two days,28then these chalk beds could thus have been produced in as little as six days, totally conceivable within the time framework of the flood. What is certain, is that the right set of conditions necessary for such blooms to occur had to have coincided in full measure to have explosively generated such enormous blooms, but the evidence that it did happen is there for all to plainly see in these chalk beds in the geological record. Indeed, the purity of these thick chalk beds worldwide also testifies to their catastrophic deposition from enormous explosively generated blooms, since during protracted deposition over supposed millions of years it is straining credulity to expect that such purity would
      > be maintained without contaminating events depositing other types of sediments. There are variations in consistency (see Appendix) but not purity.
      > The only additional material in the chalk is fossils of macroscopic organisms such as ammonites and other molluscs, whose fossilisation also requires rapid burial because of their size (see Appendix).
      > No doubt there are factors that need to be better quantified in such a series of calculations, but we are dealing with a cataclysmic Flood, the like of which has not been experienced since for us to study its processes. However, we do have the results of its passing in the rock record to study, and it is clear that by working from what is known to occur today, even if rare and catastrophic by today’s standards, we can realistically calculate production of these chalk beds within the time framework and cataclysmic activity of the Flood, and in so doing respond adequately to the objections and ‘problems’ raised by the critics.

      David Williams: This kind of rhetoric is meant for believers of certain religious persuasions which I am not. I prefer real science.
    • Kamran
      Message 86 of 86 , Sep 11, 2013