Re: [OriginsTalk] Re: The Happy Atheist by PZ Myers

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2013
      From: gluadys
      To: OriginsTalk@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2013 11:34 AM
      Subject: [OriginsTalk] Re: The Happy Atheist by PZ Myers

      --- In OriginsTalk@yahoogroups.com, "Laurie Appleton" <lappleto@...> wrote:

> [...]

      GLU: Given Stalin's support of Lysenko, someone expressing the scientific views of PZMyers would probably be consigned to a labour camp in Siberia.

      LA> Given that the founder of Communism was Karl Marx and he was so impressed with Darwin's theory that he asked Darwin if he could dedicate his famous book "Das Kapital" to him, then the so-called Lysenko issue is quite irrelevant.

      Laurie.

      "Finally, the evolutionary vision is enabling us to discern, however
      incompletely, the lineaments of the new religion that we can be sure
      will arise to serve the needs of the coming era." (Sir Julian Huxley 1959)