Re: [OriginsTalk] Re: An answer or two for Charles

  • Joseph Hyde
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 5, 2013
      Charles

      Is this for vacation?

      You're not 'Snowbirds' yet are you?

      Joe

      Sent from my iPad

      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 6, 2013
        Joseph Hyde: Is this for vacation? You're not 'Snowbirds' yet are you?

        Charles P: Thanks for noticing my lack of messages to Origins Talk, Joe.
        We are *below-the-snow birds*. From Furnace Creek Ranch and USPS for
        zipcode 92328 we are at -190, that is minus one hundred and ninety feet,
        elevation... er, ah... I mean lower than low elevation. We can see snow on
        nearby mountains even with these springtime warm temperatures.

        Charles P: Of course I cannot get Origins Talk discussions out of my mind.
        The ground squirrels here are friendly to campers at the Texas Springs
        Campsite. They have evolved to become a different looking population of
        squirrels. That is evidence again for evolution without a change... unless
        you want to define evolution to mean something else than *change over time*.

        Charles P: Here is a question for you, Joe. What is the salinity in Death
        Valley, CA, below sea level. What is the evidence for Noah's Flood here?.

        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 7, 2013
          Charles P: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubehebe_Crater We went to Ubehebe
          crater.

          Charles P:
          http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0f/Ubehebe_Crater%2C_Death_Valley%2C_California.jpg
          The strata in the crater are similar to what is observed at Mt. St.
          Helens.

          Ubehebe Crater is located at the north tip of the Cottonwood Mountains. The
          crater is half a mile (one kilometer) wide and 500 to 777 feet (150 to 237
          m) deep. The age of the crater is estimated from 2,000 to 7,000 years old.
          "Ubehebe" (pronounced YOU-bee-HEE-bee) is a Timbisha Native American word
          meaning "Big basket in the rock."

          In 2012, new evidence suggested that the crater may be as young as 800
          years old, although this estimation was a lower bound, and it's still
          possible the crater is much older than that.

          Guy Berthault: http://www.icr.org/i/pdf/imp/imp-328.pdf Experiments in
          Stratification.

          Unconformity: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unconformity_(geology) An
          unconformity is a buried erosional or non-depositional surface separating
          two rock masses or strata of different ages, indicating that sediment
          deposition was not continuous. In general, the older layer was exposed to
          erosion for an interval of time before deposition of the younger, but the
          term is used to describe any break in the sedimentary geologic record. The
          significance of angular unconformity (see below) was shown by James Hutton,
          who found examples of Hutton's Unconformity at Jedburgh in 1787 and at
          Siccar Point in 1788.

          The rocks above an unconformity are younger than the rocks beneath (unless
          the sequence has been overturned). An unconformity represents time during
          which no sediments were preserved in a region. The local record for that
          time interval is missing and geologists must use other clues to discover
          that part of the geologic history of that area. The interval of geologic
          time not represented is called a hiatus.

          Charles P: Strata can be formed in a short time, not the millions of years
          taught by today's geologist. I can see the strata at the Ubehebe Crater
          that was formed in a short time. However, I would like to focus on the
          possibility that Timbisha (a.k.a. Death Valley zipcode 92328 where I am
          sitting as I write this message) at 190 feet below sea level has always
          been below sea level.

          Charles P: There is no way for sea water to get here from the Pacific
          Ocean. There is no 190 foot deep salt lake here. Likewise, there is no
          way for water to escape to the ocean. It seems reasonable that if Noah's
          Flood occurred, the sea water would have evaporated and left behind saline
          soil from that time.

          Charles P: Is the salinity of Timbisha soil different from the salinity of
          the soils above sea level? What does that tell us about the history of
          Timbisha?