Re: [OriginsTalk] Re: Selection Has Never Led To Formation Of A New Species (References #1075, #1076-1078)

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 17, 2012
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: stewart8724
      To: OriginsTalk@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, November 18, 2012 1:36 AM
      Subject: [OriginsTalk] Re: Selection Has Never Led To Formation Of A New Species (References #1075, #1076-1078)

      Glaudys:
      Innovation, not selection, is the critical issue in evolutionary change.

      No one disputes the importance of innovation. But without selection, innovation would not produce evolutionary change either.

      LA> A Nobel Prize winning evolutionist has confessed the following;
      ---------------------------

      Natural selection is the blindest, and most cruel way of
      evolving new species, and more and more complex and refined
      organisms . . . . The struggle for life and elimination of
      the weakest is a horrible process, against which our whole
      modern ethics revolts."
      ==================

      Stewart: It might not seem a very benevolent course for life to take but you can't deny the efficiency of it. It is a horrible process if you look at it on an individual level but, "that's life" as they say.

      "An ideal society is a non-selective society, one where
      the weak is protected; which is exactly the reverse of the
      so-called natural law.

      Stewart: And where is this society? I've never heard of it, it isn't the one I live in and it's absolutely not the one you live in.

      LA> Thus your comments seem to be pouring scorn on a famous Nobel Prize winning evolutionist and atheist. Jacques Monod!! How strange!

      Laurie.

      "Finally, the evolutionary vision is enabling us to discern, however
      incompletely, the lineaments of the new religion that we can be sure
      will arise to serve the needs of the coming era."
      (Sir Julian Huxley famous atheistic evolutionist, 1959)

      ..

      No virus found in this message.