Martian Eons

  • VictorM
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2012
      The Martian rover Opportunity found billions of hematite berries littering the Meridiani planum. Evidently they formed as concretions within the layered sediments of a shallow acidic sea. Opportunity is presently investigating clay layers on the hills surrounding Endeavour crater. It found veins of gypsum in sedimentary rocks in the hills. Gypsum often forms by gradual deposition in a watery environment. Clay forms in non acidic watery environs, so evidently the plains have changed considerably over the eons.

      The Martian rover Spirit found powdered pure silica, hematite and gypsum in a volcanic hot spring that has since turned to a frozen, desert depression.

      The Martian rover Curiosity is now sampling rocks and sand in Gale crater. The sand is made of volcanic basalt. The windward side of Mount Sharp has high black dunes made of basaltic sands. These sands form as bits of rock grind into each other from the Martian winds. Basaltic sand dunes are found all over Mars. Seas of basaltic sand dunes cover several hundred thousand square miles of the northern plains. The sand dunes are evidence of gradual accumulations of long term erosion.

      Curiosity also tested a pyramid shaped rock called Jake Matijevic. The crystals concentrated in Jake Matijevic formed slowly in a process similar to making applejack in colonial America. The applejack was placed in large wooden barrels and allowed to freeze in winter. Then the ice was repeatedly skimmed off leaving the concentrated (alcoholic) applejack. Jack Matijevic formed deep underground in a liquid magma. As the magma slowly cooled, parts of the rock crystallized, and these parts separated from the remaining liquid. Similar rocks are common on earth along rift zones where they were pushed up from deep underground. Perhaps Jake rolled down from mount Sharp. The Mount has clear evidence of layering showing that it gradually pushed up from underground. There is also evidence for what looks like volcanic vents and a pyroclastic flow down the flanks of the mountain.

      Changing Earth Creationists accept that the Earth and universe are vastly ancient, just like the words of the Bible state. We accept that catastrophic events occurred, such as the crushing of a nearby planet that the Bible mentions four times. Spirit and Opportunity found meteorites of nickel iron, which comes from the core of a shattered planet, lying next to craters. We also accept that Adam lived about 6,000 years ago. We accept that the creation week was made up of six literal cycles of light and dark - evenings and mornings. How can both be true? We accept what the Bible so plainly states - that the creation is enslaved to change. We observe how galaxies started as tiny naked globs of tohu bohu (unformed) matter. We observe how galaxies intrinsically grew as the stars continued to come out, just like God says He does in unbroken continuity. We accept what is visible, that atoms have been changing their properties relationally for vast eons.

      The western notions of linear time are false. We observe how the orbits and the clocks both accelerate. How great will be the utter defeat of the western system before the power of God's literal words. How could science be false? It was founded on the first law (arche ktiseous) that peter predicted for the false teachers of the last days (2 Peter 3: 3 - 6). What glory God will get when He makes foolish the wisdom of this age, as He promised. Why? To prove that man cannot come to Him through science, only as a sinner trusting Jesus alone. Victor