Re: [OriginsTalk] Re: How spiral galaxies formed

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 25, 2012
      From: VictorM
      To: OriginsTalk@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, October 26, 2012 6:33 AM
      Subject: [OriginsTalk] Re: How spiral galaxies formed

      --- In OriginsTalk@yahoogroups.com, "Laurie Appleton" <lappleto@...> wrote:

> [...]

      Then the philosopher / theologian Aquinas and his disciple Dons Scotus came up with new ideas to fit their concept of a God who ABSOLUTELY could not CHANGE since He was not in time. Since God had a changeless BEING (based on Latin verbs turned into nouns), created things must also have a being (again a noun) that is changeless. It was upon the metaphysical notion that the essence (the noun being) of substance is changeless, that western science was founded. The Bible predicted science, that in the last days mockers will come obfuscating the age of the plural heavens and the twice inundated geology of our planet because they believe that all things remain the same. Scientists daily fulfill Peter's predictions because they have a first law, that all things remain the same.

      Changing earth creationist promote accepting the WORDS of the Bible as they meant before the traditions of men distorted their meaning. When the creation account says He continues to speak to the land for it to continue to sprout vegetation, then we should not distort the Bible to make it fit the tradition of men that He spoke only once and instantly created things. When it says that the finishing of the plural heavens and earth are incomplete and that He continues to call the stars to come out and spread out, then we must not distort the text to fit the traditions of men, even though they were learned translators. This is especially true with regard to time, a tradition of the western system that is so powerful that it grips the minds of westerners like a vise. Some young earthers are prepared to say God lies, in order to protect their concept of time with which they think and measure. According to these, God created light already in place with images of exploding stars that did not happen to deceive people to thinking the universe is ancient when it is actually young, something the Bible never states, only the traditions of men state. The Bible says God cannot lie. He never deceives in word or action. Yet He has made a universe in which all who refuse to honor Him as Creator are deceived and will be proved to be fools.

      Perhaps that is why He commands us to rather be fools than wise in this age. I am foolish enough to believe the Bible rather than to accept the blind faith of the scientists, that the properties of matter are fixed, not emerging continually.

      Victor

      LA> It also seems quite possible that in your own concept of "wisdom" you might have become as foolish as evolutionists and may be accepting the statements of atheists about time.

      Laurie.

      "Gradualism, the idea that all changes must be smooth, slow, and steady, was never read from th rrocks."
      (S.J. Gould, atheist, evolutionist, 1978)

      ..
      .

      No virus found in this message.