Biblical Eons

  • VictorM
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 23, 2012
      Changing Earth Creationists differ from Young Earthers and Old Earthers due to our exegetical methods. (1) We believe that we should understand creation in the grammatical and cultural context of biblical author. No biblical author had a scientific mindset. (2) We avoid interpreting the evidence with the first law (arche ktiseous) of the last day mockers, that all things remain the same (2 Peter 3:3 - 6). Since this idea is the historical foundation for western science, we try not to tailor the Bible to fit science. (3) We use simple, visible evidence, not mathematical arguments, to support creation.

      Hebrews 11:1 - 3 tells us that faith is the underling support for the assurance of hope, the proof of things not seen. "By faith we understand (we continue to exercise our minds) that the aionas (the plural eons) were prepared by the command of God." The verb "prepared" is perfect, passive infinitive showing that He did not actively create eons by creating time. The Bible never states that God created time. He passively prepared the plural eons out of things that do not appear.

      Can we find evidence for plural eons? There exists more than 230 layers of coal in the Ruhr district of Germany. The coal beds reach the surface along the Ruhr river and dip down towards the north, reaching a depth of 4000 meters. The coal consists of trees that once grew in marshes. The beds are separated by sandstone layers that contain the fossils of giant ammonites, which like the modern nautilus were free swimmers. Forests grew and died and alternately deep water extended up the river valleys. Job listed one of the markers for the few days of a lifetime during the dinosaur age was, the sea (Hebrew west) dried (Job 14). Indeed, we find alternate layers of marine oozes, salt, stromatolites and gypsum in the deep Mediterranean, clear evidence that the oldest sea on the planet repeatedly dried. The layers of coal and the sea floor layers support the writer's claim for plural eons.

      The writer says faith understands that things that are seen were assembled out of things not seen. How does faith know this? The Bible plainly states that God created the plural heavens and the Earth (completed action) first. However, at that stage the earth was not formed; its dark surface (Hebrew face) did not have extension. It was not until Elohim continued to command light to continue to be that visible things (matter) were formed (not created) as a relation with light. We know this because we believe the literal text.

      Faith can see the proof for these things. In our day, powerful telescopes show us cosmic history back to the creation age. In hundreds of billions of galaxies through many eons, we observe the evidence for His continuing commands for light to continue to be - giving form to the things we see. We observe tiny point sources shooting out pulsed jets as matter continues to receives form as a relation with light. We observe how the stars continue to form and continue to spread out in the spreading place, exactly as the literal creation account states. According to the Bible, He spreads out the plural heavens in unbroken continuity. He is not spreading the vacuum of space, as in scientific myths. He continues to form the galaxies as they visibly grew from things not seen, the unformed and dark material created first. According to the Genesis text, He continues to finish the plural heavens and earth even after the sixth day. Indeed, Earth's continents only fit together on a tiny globe without surface seas, that supports several biblical passages.

      A young earth creationist might insist that the Bible refers to 24-hour creation days and that the genealogies only add up to 6,000 years, which cannot encompass multiple eons. This is why it is so important for creationists not to allow the first law (arche ktiseous) of the last days, the idea that substance does not continue to change, to control our thinking. The concept of linear time did not even exist when Moses wrote. Moses quoted Jacob that the days and years of the son are shorter and worse than the days and years of the fathers (Genesis 47:9). Indeed, we can see that the earliest atomic clocks pulsed at tiny fractions of the frequencies of modern atoms. We confirm that this is real because we see in billions of galaxies how the star stream orbits accelerated outwards along with the accelerating atomic clocks. This is supported by the clock signals transmitted from the past by NASA's Pioneer 10 & 11. Their clock signals accelerated, relative NASA clocks of the moment, at the Hubble ratio, with respect to distance. Astronomers use this ratio to estimate the distance to ancient galaxies using their observed light clock rates.

      http://www.godsriddle.info/2012/10/biblical-eons.html

      This is an image of a PKS 0637-752 taken at radio frequencies by Dr Leith Godfrey, ICRAR and Dr Jim Lovell, UTas. The bright quasar on the left shines at 60% of the frequencies of modern atoms. The region around the quasar glows in X-rays that extend along the knotted jet until the bend. X-rays also extend to the left of the quasar to a large blob (evidently part of a counter jet) not shown in this view. The jet is far too long to support theories of magnetic acceleration. The matter in the jet begins to bend from gravity as it ages around the bend. What we are observing is the biblical creation - that God continues to command the Sun, Moon and stars to continue to form and continue to spread out in the spreading place.

      Changing Earth Creationists try not to tailor the Bible to fit the visibly false idea that atoms are perpetual motion engines. Scientists contrived their empiricism, their methods and mathematics with their presumption that the properties of matter are fixed, not relationally emerging. They obfuscate the age of the plural heavens with their empirical methods, as the Bible predicted. Not a single physical constant is visible anywhere in the vast creation as billions of galaxies intrinsically grew. Our faith is confirmed in the way He formed billions of galaxies as unseen things continue to take form as we confirm with sight. The literal words of God will completely vanquish Western science.
    • VictorM
      Message 2 of 5 , May 18, 2013
        People in the Old Testament era could not imagine that time is
        substance-like because that idea was popularized much later by
        Christians. For centuries Europeans studied the Bible in Latin that did
        not have a tenseless verb like the Greek aorist or the untensed biblical
        Hebrew verbs. The western tradition affected the exegesis of the Bible
        as they interpreted it using new ideas about time. One of the effects
        of interpreting the Bible with western tensed grammars is the age of
        the universe dichotomy. If creationists would accept the text in the
        grammar and epistemic system of a contemporary, they could see that
        galactic history as the strongest evidence for a literal creation.

        All early people believed in geological eons in few years. Job 14 lists
        the geological events that passed during the lives of Noah's
        grandsons. One of Job's life-span markers was: the Mediterranean
        dried. Indeed drill cores show that the Mediterranean dried repeatedly.
        According to scientific estimates, the last drying was 5 million years
        ago. According to the Bible, Job lived about 4500 years ago, during the
        dinosaur age. Job also mentioned how their faces changed before they
        died. If we lived for eons, our skulls would grow Neanderthal features.
        Neanderthal children had skulls like moderns, which supports Job's
        statement that their faces changed (doubled) before they died.

        We directly compare billions of galaxies at many ranges. The fact that
        the universe is eons old is clearly visible in galactic history. Hebrew
        11:3 By faith we are apprehending that the plural eons were passively
        equipped by the command of God out of things unseen.

        What unseen thing allowed eons to passively form? We use the word
        gravity to explain why the Earth orbits the Sun. However, the cause of
        the gravitational phenomena is invisible. Perhaps He formed the plural
        eons by establishing the gravitational phenomena long ago.

        What is gravity? Gravity theories are based on assumptions. The best
        way to test gravity theories is to compare visible galactic history
        with a theory's predictions. We observe that the earliest galaxies
        were often tiny and naked, sometimes surrounded by equally spaced globs
        with different spectral colors than the core. At many ranges we observe
        how the globs accelerate outward, taking up more space, changing their
        spectral frequencies as the stars accelerated out forming growth
        spirals. The star streams move opposite from Newton or Einstein's
        theories.

        If what we see in the distance is real, then Earth's orbit should
        also accelerate. Over the centuries, astronomers measured with angles a
        decreasing solar parallax. Thirty five hundred years ago, our ancestors
        mentions close planet passages and the shattering of a nearby planet,
        which the Bible also records. The solar system contains tens of
        thousands broken planet pieces in the form of comets and asteroids.
        They contain rocks whose crystals formed deep underground in volcanic
        conditions and sedimentary rocks like cubanite that formed in warm
        liquid water. Evidently a planet was smashed just like our ancestors
        claimed a few thousand years ago.

        A scientist might insist that they measure clock-like orbits, which
        prohibits planet collisions 4000 years ago. In 1970 NASA sent calibrated
        clocks out of the solar system on Pioneers 10 and 11. Their clock
        signals, transmitted from the past, kept changing with distance,
        relative to NASA's hydrogen maser clocks of the moment. The Pioneer
        clocks changed with distance at the Hubble ratio, which astronomers use
        to estimate the distance to galaxies using their light clock rates.
        Clocks from the past are running slower than modern clocks. Some
        distant light-clocks, observed with telescopes, clocked about 7% of the
        frequencies emitted by modern atoms.

        We need a gravity theory based on biblical principles to account for why
        orbits visibly accelerate throughout cosmic history.

        1. The Bible plainly states that the creation is enslaved to change.
        Paul used orderly submission and together verbs to describe this
        deterioration in Romans 8:19 - 22
        <http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=rom%208:19-22&version=NASB>
        . We observe that atoms continue to change relationally by comparing the
        shape and spectra of galaxies at many ranges.

        2. The gravitational phenomena is not a perpetual motion effect, as in
        Newton and Einstein. As atoms change their clock rates, they emit
        invisible gravity. Inertia and the gravitational phenomena were
        different a few millennium ago, which is why giant dinosaurs once
        roamed the Earth. If they were alive today, they would have trouble
        standing.

        3. Gravitational phenomena do not propagate at infinite speed as in
        Newton's formulas. The aberration effect, the angular offset of the
        Sun's gravity, pulls more on one hemisphere than the other.
        Paraconical pendulum demonstrate that the gravitational effect from the
        Sun and Moon vary depending on the positions of those distant objects.
        The aberration of gravity accelerates both days and years, pushing the
        earth (and all the planets) outwards in their orbits. It also
        accelerates the earth's spin so that the ratio between days and
        years stays about the same. The aberration of gravity also causes the
        distances between consecutive planets to increase logarithmically (the
        Titius Bode effect). It is not time that is accelerating, but rather
        orbits and rotations relative to their previous states, not relative to
        clocks.

        Someone might insist that there is a balance between the Earth's
        inertia and the pull of the Sun's gravity. If one of them were to
        change, the earth would be ejected from the solar system. Relational
        change is where everything changes in parallel, together. You cannot
        model relational changes with mathematics. Mathematical models are
        based on the notion that atoms are perpetual motion engines. The
        effects of relational changes are visible. We observe how billions of
        galaxies intrinsically grew into growth spirals.

        Lift up your eyes and look at galactic history. How great will be the
        triumph of the Word of God over science.

        http://www.godsriddle.info/2013/05/biblical-eons.html
        <http://www.godsriddle.info/2013/05/biblical-eons.html>

        This cylinder seal from Kish is in the Metropolitan Museum of Art. It
        depicts a common theme from 4000 years ago, a battle between planet
        gods. We know they are planets because they are wearing hats with horns,
        perhaps depictions of ice rings or the crescent shapes when a planet is
        at an angle from the sun. Two planet gods are down and being brained
        with maces. One planet god has gripped the horned hat of another and has
        raised his mace. The Bible condemns the worshiping of planet gods,
        however, it uses similar words as the pagans to describe a planet
        shattering.

        Victor, Changing Earth Creationist