Re: [OriginsTalk] Mea Culpa and good-bye

  • Kamran
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 20, 2012

      Hi Jim,

      For my part I find it
      difficult to agree with your decision to leave this forum on the grounds given.
      The fact that there are hardcore naturalists and evolutionists whose positions
      will not bend by any evidence or reason should not be any grounds to cease your
      contributions to this Group. Over time you have become an indispensible node in
      the network of ideas and analyses that takes this debate forward.

      And there are always newcomers who will benefit from the arguments
      and facts that you present in favor of the ID side of this debate. Just imagine
      if a new member joined this forum and just found pro-evolution positions on one
      side of the debate and purely religious counter-positions on the other side.
      Isn't this exactly how evolution has reached and, to some extent, maintained its
      unwarranted position among the general public so far. Most people think their opposition
      to "evolution" is tantamount to their acceptance of strictly religious hypotheses
      for creation.

      Even if you terminate a debate
      with the hardcore members of the evolutionary camp, it would always be good to
      have you present to answer genuine and legitimate questions that do inevitably come up by
      existing or new members.

      In any event I do wish you the
      best, and will be in touch from time to time.
       Kamran