Re: [OriginsTalk] Re: The Sorrows and Joys of ....... (nature and genetic engineering)

    Message 1 of 38 , Oct 12, 2012
      From: gluadys
      To: OriginsTalk@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, October 12, 2012 12:35 PM
      Subject: [OriginsTalk] Re: The Sorrows and Joys of ....... (nature and genetic engineering)

      > GLU: So,in 1982 M. Bowden copies a report published 56 years earlier in Bombay, itself a report on an earlier article published in 1915 in Boston. And not one of the three publishers did any fact-checking on the story. Had either of the last two done so, they would have learned that Darwin's children immediately denounced the story as false when they first learned of it. Had the Boston publisher himself contacted the family for comment before publishing, (a common journalistic courtesy)he might have reconsidered publishing this fanciful fabrication.
      >
      > GLU: Of course, I am not in the least bit surprised at you dredging up this old chestnut, since you seem to be perpetually caught in a time warp on this issue.
      >

      > LA> I see that your embarrassment over this matter, seems to be rather acute and the matter troubles you considerably, since you have found it necessary to severely challenge the statements of a number of sources. How is it that you appear to be troubled by the claim that Darwin recanted his agnosticism? Shouldn't that have been strongly "welcomed" by any real Christian?

      GLU: I am not embarrassed. You should be, but apparently you are impervious to shame.

      GLU: Why would a Christian welcome a falsehood?

      LA> And yet it seems that this is the very thing that you are doing? Could it be that you are not a christian then?

      Laurie.

      Evidence from the fossil record now points overwhelmingly away from the classical Darwinism which most Americans learned in high school; (Newsweek, November, 1980)

      ..

      No virus found in this message.

      Message 38 of 38 , Oct 12, 2012