Re: Quick Question

  • Aaron
    Message 1 of 23 , Nov 1, 2002
      Elissa writes: "Really? how can you tell that it was God that
      created DNA rather than, say, Zeus or Wotan? Please point me to the
      scientific *evidence*"

      atfsoccer writes: "The "evidence" is that the God of the Bible is
      real based on the eye witnessed reports of the resurrection of Jesus
      Christ. Enough testimony that would certainly stand up in any legal
      court. Zeus, Buddha, Allah, Mohammed all dead or no proof of
      existence. DNA complexity is "evidence" to the engineering wonders
      of the Biblical God."

      Hate to burst your bubble, atf, but there are no "eye-witness"
      accounts of the resurrection of Jesus. The gospels, which I'm fairly
      certain is what you are referring to, were not written by the men
      they are named for, they were written by acquaintances of the men -
      in one case, a physician, in another, an interpreter, etc. It would
      behoove you to investigate the authorship of the gospels rather than
      assume the author based on the title.

      As far as standing up in court - all accounts are written second or
      third-hand, which makes them hearsay, which is inadmissable in a
      court of law.

      Lastly, it is demonstratable that the gospels contain information
      that is hearsay itself (so even if we assumed the authors were the
      apostles, it'd be inadmissable). An example would be the
      contradicting stories of who arrived at the tomb of Jesus and found
      it empty, and what took place there. Version differences include 1
      woman, many women, different women, an angel at the opened tomb on
      the boulder when they arrived, the boulder still blocking the
      entrance when they arrived, an angel appearing inside after they
      discovered it open, etc. None of which were personally "witnessed"
      per the "testimony" - hence it is hearsay. It is also readily
      apparent that these contradicting details would be problematic and
      detrimental to your case in a court of law.