Shape changing dinosaur skulls

  • VictorM
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2010
      Evidence suggest that some dinosaurs changed the shape of their skulls as they aged. Some studies suggest that triceratops and torosaurus were the same dinosaur at different stages of life, although their skulls were remarkably different. Triceratops has three horns, two above the eye and one on the snout. John Scannella and Jack Horner examined 29 triceratops skulls and nine torosurus skulls. They claim that triceratops is the juvenile form of torosaurus. Even in the most mature versions of these dinosaurs, the skull shows evidence of continuing shape changes. They counted growing lines in the bones, sort of like looking at tree ring skulls.

      Another dinosaur suspected of shape shifting is the dome-headed pachycephalosaurus. Dracorex and Stygimoloch, are believed to be juveniles of pachycephalosaurus. Supposedly this species grows horns and then reabsorbs them as its skull ages. Nanotyrannus has also been tentatively reclassified as a juvenile form of Tyrannosaurus Rex.

      This is reminiscent of what Job wrote back in the dinosaur age. He wrote shanah panaiym, (faces continually change, transmute, deform, double) and then God takes them (they die). He also made several references to geological events as markers for how long people lived in the age of dinosaurs. He says that as water evaporates from the sea (yawn - the west) like a river becomes parched and dried up - so man lies down and does not rise. The verb he used for the drying sea is imperfect, showing an incomplete process. Job lived near the Jordan that parallels the eastern shore of the Great Sea, the Mediterranean. In 1970, the oceanographic ship Glomar Challenger took bottom cores from numerous places in the deep Mediterranean. Many of the cores contained layers of anhydrite, rock salt and algal stomatolite alternating with layers of deep-sea oozes. These cores showed that the Mediterranean dried up and flooded about fifty times. Our skulls continue to microscopically grow as we age. If we lived for geological ages, our faces would grow thick brows like a Neanderthal. It is important to remember that Neanderthal child skulls did not have the thick brows of the old ones.

      What changed that people in Job's day could live for geological ages? (Job lived after the flood). Answers are limited by the way you ask questions. A better question is, what did not change. We can see the past all the way back to the creation age. Everything, all matter, is observed to change throughout cosmic history. We observe the vast continuum of galactic history. Atomic clocks at greater distance (more ancient eras) generally ran slower than modern atomic clocks. The fastest (normally energized) atomic clocks are local. It is not just the clocks that change speed. We also observe how primordial galaxies were tiny - without appendages of stars. We follow throughout the continuum of galactic history how stars grew and spread out - as the properties of matter kept changing. This is what one would expect from the literal text of Genesis and Isaiah.

      When analyzing earth-history, it is always important to start your deliberations at the level of first principles. The scientific first principle is the idea that "all things remain the same" - that the properties of matter are fixed, not emerging. The Bible predicts this idea and attributes it to the mockers of the last days. Biblical physics is based on the opposite principle, that the whole creation is in bondage to change (Greek phthora). Think about it.