Re: [OriginsTalk] Questions for everyone

  • Clare Wilson Parr
    Message 1 of 7 , May 31 8:27 PM
      On 5/31/2008, jack lewis wrote:

      >I debunk the creationist idea of earth and mankind being the chosen
      >example of a
      >supreme beings endeavors.

      You do? It would seem to me that the claim that you "debunk the
      creationist idea of earth and mankind being the chosen example
      of a supreme being's endeavors" "debunks" exactly nothing.

      >Mind you, I am not debunking the possibility(?) of a supreme being,
      >anything is
      >possible.

      If "anything is possible," then it seems to me that the creationist"
      idea of earth and mankind being the chosen example of a
      supreme being's endeavors" is possible.

      >In our meager efforts exploring the universe, man has discovered
      >several stars with
      >planets in orbit. Who could ever be brash enough not to admit to the
      >likelihood of
      >my statement being at least partly true.

      What statement is at least partly true?

      >Again, I am only asking questions, both of myself and others, as a
      >means of admitting
      >to confusion. I only hope we are ready when ALL the answers are
      >available.

      I'll admit that I'm confused. Are you "debunking," or are you asking
      questions?

      How do you know that there will come a time that ALL the
      answers are available?