Re: Young earth creationism, the Moon, arithmetic, and spaghetti

  • Todd S. Greene
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2006
      Notice how the young earth creationist Lauri PURPOSELY IGNORES the
      error, and then spouts a little rhetoric that is COMPLETELY
      IRRELEVANT to the subject as a RED HERRING for the PURPOSE of
      INTENTIONALLY DISTRACTING from the error. Standard operating
      procedure for young earth creationists. And they wonder why they have
      such a reputation for deceit.

      I thank Laurie for demonstrating it for us.

      - Todd Greene

      Greene's Creationism Truth Filter
      http://creationism.outersystem.us/

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2006
        Hi Todd,

        Notice how the young earth creationist Lauri PURPOSELY IGNORES the
        error, and then spouts a little rhetoric that is COMPLETELY
        IRRELEVANT to the subject as a RED HERRING for the PURPOSE of
        INTENTIONALLY DISTRACTING from the error. Standard operating
        procedure for young earth creationists. And they wonder why they have
        such a reputation for deceit.

        I thank Laurie for demonstrating it for us.

        LA> What has been demonstrated is that TODD has been caught out, in trying to prove that "people came from monkeys" by finding a mistake in someone's calculations that have nothing to do with supporting such a claim. The simple facts are that whether the age of the earth is 6,000 years of 6 trillion years, all the scientific evidence best supports Intelligent Design, purpose and thus a Designer and Creator.

        Laurie.

        "No wonder paleontologists shied away from evolution for so long. It never seems to happen." (Niles Eldredge, famous evolutionist, 1995)

        > Hi Todd,
        >
        > Correction: The final equation is that Todd Greene has
        > concluded that an error in a mathematic calculation is proof
        > that "people came from monkeys"! "Spragetti brains beats
        > "monkey brains" every time!

        You are receiving Individual Emails Change Delivery Settings
        a.. 1New Members
        Visit Your Group
        Yahoo! News
        Health News

        Important health

        news - get it now

        Need traffic?
        Drive customers

        With search ads

        on Yahoo!

        Y! GeoCities
        Share Your Passion

        Join the web's lar- gest community.
        .

      • Alan-
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 2, 2006
          Todd's post shows how only limited, fried-brain thinking in the areas of
          Origins can enable the human to believe in spontaneous monsters-from-mud
          theories.

          Thank God it was a creationist who put his God-given brains to good use
          when he was thinking about apples falling to the ground.

          Anybody who knows the first thing about gravity, and the velocity
          necessary to sustain orbits, will remember that the calculations are
          much more than simple direct arithmetical proportions. For some
          anti-creationists, they think they make a sly clever bunch of punches to
          the calculator and they prove creationists dumb! But they only prove
          that Baalim's ass is smarter than they are! If anything! The ass knew
          when to stop!! :-) :-) :)

          The formula for the force between 2 physical bodies is F = lambda times
          (the multiple of the mass of each of the two bodies divided by the
          square of the distance between the two bodies).

          With the given of the mass of the Earth and the moon being constant over
          the time in question, then, with each step "inward" of the orbit of the
          moon around the Earth, we would have the difference in the gravitational
          force going up by the SQUARE of that difference, not in direct
          proportion to it. That means the moon has to move FASTER in direct
          proportion to the extra force exerted on it by gravity. So it completes
          the orbit around the Earth that much faster, and what's more, the
          DISTANCE traversed in one complete circle by the moon in its path around
          its orbit, would be reduced in proportion to the reduction in the
          circumference at said distance.

          The bottom line is, as the orbit of the moon approaches the Earth, its
          velocity must be accelerated in direct proportion to the _square of the
          difference_ in the distance from the Earth, and the circumference is
          reduced by a factor of 2 _times pi times the difference_. And, the moon
          traverses said distance at a velocity that is faster by the difference
          in the _orbital escape velocity_ which depends on not only the action of
          the force of gravity at that height from Earth, but also on the angle of
          the orbit with respect to the vertical line from Earth's gravitational
          center. But at any point /below/ the reference orbit, the current one,
          that orbital escape velocity will be faster of course, and thereby
          reducing the time necessary to traverse said circumference. If you
          wanted to get really precise, of course, you would have to use calculus
          to get the right numbers for all that calculating.

          No wonder Newton had to invent calculus too.

          Methinks the Earth's average IQ must have taken a tumble in inverse
          proportion to the strength of the belief in the spontaneous eternal
          self-existing universe.

          --Alan
        • Alan-
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 2, 2006
            And now....

            Notice how the young earth creationist Lauri PURPOSELY IGNORES the
            error, and then spouts a little rhetoric that is COMPLETELY
            IRRELEVANT to the subject as a RED HERRING for the PURPOSE of
            INTENTIONALLY DISTRACTING from the error. Standard operating
            procedure for young earth creationists. And they wonder why they have
            such a reputation for deceit. I thank Laurie for demonstrating it for
            us. - Todd Greene

            ...> Speaking of deceit, let us see how Todd handles his gross
            negligence in applying a simple multiplication problem to a problem that
            requires (1) at the least one universal constant (lambda, or the
            universal gravitational constant), two local constants and givens for
            the computation at hand ( (2)the mass of the Earth, and (3) the mass of
            the moon), (4) the "starting point" velocity with respect to the
            distance between the center of gravity of the two masses expressed in
            terms of equivalent linear velocity, but also (5) the angle of momentum
            with respect to the straight line between the two centers of gravity
            (never perpendicular for an elliptical orbit except at two points in the
            orbit at an arbitrarily infinitesimally small point).

            Of course calculus is also required for exactness here, but we already
            have the inverse square throwing a monkey-wrench (pun intended) into the
            simple simian arithmetic objections. (Maybe darwinians have their own
            secret recorded genealogy somewhere? Maybe one of them coined the term,
            "I'll be a monkey's uncle!")?

            --Alan
          • Todd S. Greene
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 2, 2006
              --- In OriginsTalk, Alan- <steelville@...> wrote (post #12764):
              > Todd's post shows how only limited, fried-brain thinking in the
              > areas of Origins can enable the human to believe in spontaneous
              > monsters-from-mud theories.

              Notice how Alan IGNORES the fact that I QUOTED from the AiG article
              and then used what THEY said! ;-)

              > Thank God it was a creationist who put his God-given brains to
              > good use when he was thinking about apples falling to the
              > ground.

              Notice how Alan IGNORES the fact that Newton lived hundreds of years
              ago - in other words, before biological science even existed.

              I guess modern creationist brains can't seem to comprehend things
              being out of context! ;-)

              Oh, right, we already knew this.

              > Anybody who knows the first thing about gravity, and the
              > velocity necessary to sustain orbits, will remember that the
              > calculations are much more than simple direct arithmetical
              > proportions.

              Which AiG FAILED to point out in their article (among other things
              they FAILED to point out).

              > For some anti-creationists,
              > they think they make a sly clever bunch of punches to the
              > calculator and they prove creationists dumb! But they only
              > prove that Baalim's ass is smarter than they are! If anything!
              > The ass knew when to stop!! :-) :-) :)

              Which is why Alan is throwing all kinds of insults at me because of
              what *AiG* stated in THEIR ARTICLE. Even I would not stooped so low
              as Alan as to have remarked that they were more stupid than an ass.

              > The formula for
              > the force between 2 physical bodies is F = lambda times
              > (the multiple of the mass of each of the two bodies divided by
              > the square of the distance between the two bodies).
              >
              > With the given of the mass of the Earth and the moon being
              > constant over the time in question, then, with each step
              > "inward" of the orbit of the moon around the Earth, we would
              > have the difference in the gravitational force going up by the
              > SQUARE of that difference, not in direct proportion to it. That
              > means the moon has to move FASTER in direct proportion to the
              > extra force exerted on it by gravity. So it completes the
              > the orbit around the Earth that much faster, and what's more,
              > the DISTANCE traversed in one complete circle by the moon in
              > its path around its orbit, would be reduced in proportion to
              > the reduction in the circumference at said distance.
              >
              > The bottom line is, as the orbit of the moon approaches the
              > Earth, its velocity must be accelerated in direct proportion
              > to the _square of the difference_ in the distance from the
              > Earth, and the circumference is reduced by a factor of 2 _times
              > pi times the difference_. And, the moon traverses said distance
              > at a velocity that is faster by the difference in the _orbital
              > escape velocity_ which depends on not only the action of the
              > force of gravity at that height from Earth, but also on the
              > angle of the orbit with respect to the vertical line from
              > Earth's gravitational center. But at any point /below/ the
              > reference orbit, the current one, that orbital escape velocity
              > will be faster of course, and thereby reducing the time
              > necessary to traverse said circumference. If you wanted to get
              > really precise, of course, you would have to use calculus
              > to get the right numbers for all that calculating.
              >
              > No wonder Newton had to invent calculus too.

              Notice how Alan spins many words but does not address the *recession
              rate* of the moon, or the factors of the *recession rate*, which is,
              after all, the topic.

              Notice how Alan touts Newton, and Newton's calculus, but he, like the
              other young earth creationists such as Jason Lisle have IGNORED the
              mathematical models developed by geophysicists over the last 40 years
              in coming to grips with all of the factors involved in the recession
              rate.

              > Methinks the Earth's average IQ must have taken a tumble in
              > inverse proportion to the strength of the belief in the
              > spontaneous eternal self-existing universe.

              Methinks, uh..., no, I KNOW that adherence to the religious dogma of
              young earth creationism has seriously damaged the IQ of those people
              so afflicted when it comes to dealing with science and math in those
              areas of science and math that contradict their religious dogma. We
              know this by example.

              Such as this one.

              The Recession of the Moon
              by Tim Thompson